Windows 10: Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen

Discus and support Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've done a restart on my Windows 10 HP Tower, now nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen. How do I get it working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chriswrightTS, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen

I've done a restart on my Windows 10 HP Tower, now nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen. How do I get it working again

:)

chriswrightTS, Jul 10, 2021

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen

1. Restart & nothing works, no mouse, no windows key, nothing just date & time on screen - Similar Threads - Restart nothing works

2. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard: Hello everyone. My laptop has a problem. I am a modeler and I use 3dsmax software and Corona rendering engine.My laptop brand is MSI with :CPU : Intel Core i7 6700HQ GPU : GTX 970M 3GBRAM : 32 GBSSD : MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB HDD: 1 TBAbout two months ago I upgraded the SSD...
  3. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard: Hello everyone. My laptop has a problem. I am a modeler and I use 3dsmax software and Corona rendering engine.My laptop brand is MSI with :CPU : Intel Core i7 6700HQ GPU : GTX 970M 3GBRAM : 32 GBSSD : MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB HDD: 1 TBAbout two months ago I upgraded the SSD...
  4. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen and nothing works

Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  6. Black screen and nothing works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and nothing works: Hello, I'm experiencing black screen with cursor and all the hacks Ive used don't work e.g Win+shift+ctrl+b, ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+ESC. Even shift and restart to safe mode doesn't work. It's just stuck on black. I've watched almost all YouTube videos but nothing works...
  7. Loop restart with nothing on the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop restart with nothing on the screen: Hi everybody, I just came back from holidays , started my windows PC, made my update and installed it + restart this afternoon. My PC did a 3 times loop restart what I mean there is start + shutdown + start + shutdown + start for real this time. I thought it was just random....
  8. Loop restart with nothing on the screen

Loop restart with nothing on the screen: Hi everybody, I just came back from holidays , started my windows PC, made my update and installed it + restart this afternoon. My PC did a 3 times loop restart what I mean there is start + shutdown + start + shutdown + start for real this time. I thought it was just random....
  9. Clicking Start or Date/Time does nothing - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start or Date/Time does nothing - Windows 10: Hi, clicking the Start icon does nothing, pressing the Windows Key does nothing, and clicking on date/time in the opposite corner does not bring up the calendar (does nothing). I've tried: Everything HereGetting latest Windows updatesTrying to restore CortanaRestarting...
  10. Nothing on the key board works.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing on the key board works.: Nothing on the keyboard works now, no f1, start windows, letters. So all the instructions for a repair require key functioning. How do I proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nothing-on-the-key-board-works/47f331e0-f6b7-4cf1-9d29-2152c118d668