Windows 10: Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

Discus and support Restart notification appears when restart is not needed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Most times I load up my laptop a notification appears saying restart required for my HID-Compliant Touch Screen even though everything is working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HammerSams, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

Most times I load up my laptop a notification appears saying restart required for my HID-Compliant Touch Screen even though everything is working fine. Is there any way to stop getting this notification on load up?

:)

HammerSams, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Oct 17, 2021
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Terrypin Win User

Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restart notification appears when restart is not needed [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restart notification appears when restart is not needed [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

1. Restart notification appears when restart is not needed - Similar Threads - Restart notification appears

2. PC needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC needs to restart: Everyday I need to deal with this issue and it is not being fix. I use my PC and stuck with restart loop. I dont even know what to do. First time I encounter this issue I restarted it multiple times then I leave the PC for days to check if the issue will comeback well guess...
  3. Restart notification appears when restart is not needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart notification appears when restart is not needed: Most times I load up my laptop a notification appears saying restart required for my HID-Compliant Touch Screen even though everything is working fine. Is there any way to stop getting this notification on load up?...
  4. Restart Apps does not appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart Apps does not appear: After update 2004 I looked for Settings-Accounts-Sign-in Options and then Restart Apps but it was not there. I was led to believe that this could return the computer to the way it was prior to a restart, with programs and files open as before....
  5. Message appears on restart of computer

Message appears on restart of computer: What does this mean and how do I solve this problem. Thanks so much!! virginia copy and pasted message below: Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.18362.1 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] Install Options </package | /i> <Product.msi> Installs or...
  6. Restart notifications

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart notifications: I wonder if restart notifications actually work. I never had an automatic restart on any of the computers I had Windows 10 on, but I'm still worried. Are there any settings I can change? I will have Pro, so I also need Group Policy settings. - - - Updated - - - Also, the...
  7. Restart notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart notifications: I wonder if restart notifications actually work. I never had an automatic restart on any of the computers I had Windows 10 on, but I'm still worried. Are there any settings I can change? I will have Pro, so I also need Group Policy settings. 139761
  8. Windows restart required notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows restart required notification: Hello, After I installed the latest windows 10 update of 2019 , every time I start my pc I get this notification shown in the picture below. The notification keeps popping up whenever I restart or start windows again. [ATTACH]...
  9. BSOD - Windows needs to restart: only when restarting, shutting down or logging in

BSOD - Windows needs to restart: only when restarting, shutting down or logging in: Hi, I'm struggling with a problem I've been unable to resolve through any means I've tried so far, hopefully someone can help. I'm running windows 10 on my Surface Book (about 1.5 years old). It's the upgraded more expensive model with dedicated graphics card in the...
  10. Random restarts without a notification

Random restarts without a notification: Hello! I recently started having issues with my PC running Windows 10. The PC boots normally and i can properly log in to my account. Everything seems to be working normally and 15-20 minutes later it reboots without showing any notification. Here are some logs for...