Windows 10: Restart notifications

Discus and support Restart notifications in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wonder if restart notifications actually work. I never had an automatic restart on any of the computers I had Windows 10 on, but I'm still worried.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Melflormelissa, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Restart notifications

I wonder if restart notifications actually work. I never had an automatic restart on any of the computers I had Windows 10 on, but I'm still worried.

Are there any settings I can change? I will have Pro, so I also need Group Policy settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the best thing about Google products are that they autosave to Drive so you can continue your work after an update.

And in VMWare, you can suspend the VM's activity and you can get right back where you left off even after a shutdown! Something I might do before applying updates.

:)

Melflormelissa, Sep 2, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 does not show backup and restore notification.

Hi,

This issue might occur if notifications are not turned on. I suggest you to
    turn on all notification settings
    and check if that helps. Refer the steps below.

• Type Notification and actions settings on Search and hit Enter.
    • Turn on all Notifications: Restart your computer and check.
    Do let us know if you get backup and restore notification. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Restart notifications

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Restart notifications

1. Restart notifications - Similar Threads - Restart notifications

2. notification: "surface system aggregator...requesting PC restart" but not on recent updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification: "surface system aggregator...requesting PC restart" but not on recent updates...: I have a notification to restart my Windows 8 device. The exact notification says:Restart RequiredYour PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device:Surface System AggregatorI checked my update history in Settings > Windows Update > Update history but the last...
  3. notification: "surface system aggregator...requesting PC restart" but not on recent updates...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification: "surface system aggregator...requesting PC restart" but not on recent updates...: I have a notification to restart my Windows 8 device. The exact notification says:Restart RequiredYour PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device:Surface System AggregatorI checked my update history in Settings > Windows Update > Update history but the last...
  4. Everytime I start my pc, I get a notification: "restart required" ," this pc needs to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I start my pc, I get a notification: "restart required" ," this pc needs to be...: I have checked for updates , everything is up to date, still the notification is there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-start-my-pc-i-get-a-notification/a80f10af-0f99-4837-ac2a-40d4854d495d
  5. Everytime I start my pc, I get a notification: "restart required" ," this pc needs to be...

Everytime I start my pc, I get a notification: "restart required" ," this pc needs to be...: I have checked for updates , everything is up to date, still the notification is there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-start-my-pc-i-get-a-notification/a80f10af-0f99-4837-ac2a-40d4854d495d
  6. LSA protection will not turn on, notification that it is turned off remains after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA protection will not turn on, notification that it is turned off remains after restart: LSA protection is enabled. Notification appeared to say that it was not enabled, toggling off and on again and restarting the computer has not resolved this. LSA still appears to be off despite being enabled....
  7. LSA protection will not turn on, notification that it is turned off remains after restart

LSA protection will not turn on, notification that it is turned off remains after restart: LSA protection is enabled. Notification appeared to say that it was not enabled, toggling off and on again and restarting the computer has not resolved this. LSA still appears to be off despite being enabled....
  8. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...: Recently I've been having a problem with my graphics drivers. Windows 10 keeps telling me to restart my computer to finish installing a device "Pci Bus". Whenever it decides to do this, my AMD Adrenalin installation breaks and produces the pa-300 error code, preventing me...
  9. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...: Recently I've been having a problem with my graphics drivers. Windows 10 keeps telling me to restart my computer to finish installing a device "Pci Bus". Whenever it decides to do this, my AMD Adrenalin installation breaks and produces the pa-300 error code, preventing me...
  10. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...