Windows 10: Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users

Discus and support Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All, Ever since we have been using Windows 10, the "Update Now" button in Windows Update does not work for Domain Joined Users. [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Justin Kobylarz, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users

Hello All,

Ever since we have been using Windows 10, the "Update Now" button in Windows Update does not work for Domain Joined Users. Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users 351b3a00-c653-404c-8f17-5a899db7415f?upload=true.jpg

I can't find anything in my GPO that would not allow this, and it works on Windows 7, just not 10.

This happens on all our Windows 10 domain joined machines, regardless of the build, user, or if it was a Windows 7 upgrade, fresh installation, etc.

Please help mt find this GPO object that is preventing this!

Thanks Much,

:)

Justin Kobylarz, Sep 14, 2020

2. Why is the 'Join a Domain' button missing?

If I install Windows 10 on a new machine and try to join the domain I can't, the button isn't there. I can't join the domain while I'm installing Windows, it says I have to create an account and join later.

It turns out that you have to go and enable the local Administrator account (which is disabled these days) and log in with that before the button is available.

I would use the Feedback app to suggest that this is not a useful setup but I'm not allowed to run that because I'm logged in as Administrator so I'm not allowed to use the computer.

I really don't understand why it has to be difficult, I'm not doing anything unusual. Is Microsoft deliberately trying to make life difficult for Sys Admins?

Is there a way to join the domain which doesn't require so much fiddling about?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC ]

Busy Sys Admin, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Ray4x4x4 Win User
    Windows 10 after joining 2012 domain will not allow logon of domain users

So I have a new computer, recently upgraded from 10 home to 10 pro.

I join the computer to the 2012 r2 domain. it seems to join fine, I see that it is listed in the domain directory. however, no domain user is able to desktop logon on, it gives out a username or password incorrect message, even using the original joining
    user account. it is happy to unjoin, even with administrative accounts that will not allow desktop logon.

I tried domain\user user@domain even domain.local versions of same and double checked caps lock to no avail.

noted a curious thing. when I look at the Settings>System>about instead of the normal three gray boxes one of which should say join a domain, I get this:

Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users c4d816b4-940e-4010-a966-2166618701bf.png

Ray4x4x4, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users [​IMG]

Brink, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users

1. Restart now button now working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users - Similar Threads - Restart button working

2. Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.: Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain. But Prior it was working as per normal OOB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-search-bar-not-working/53497057-2bd1-4dae-ba1c-493147e512f2
  3. Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain.: Windows 11 Start button / Search bar not working after joining to domain. But Prior it was working as per normal OOB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-search-bar-not-working/53497057-2bd1-4dae-ba1c-493147e512f2
  4. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  5. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  6. Multiple Windows Updates and Restart Now Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Windows Updates and Restart Now Button: I keep running into machines that do not update, updates are available but there is always an error. The "error" is very generic:"Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x8007000d"I have tried to "repair"...
  7. Joining a Domain

Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. "Restart Now" button not working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Restart Now" button not working in Windows 10 Domain Joined Users: Hello All, Ever since we have been using Windows 10, the "RestartNow" button in Windows Update does not work for Domain Joined Users. [ATTACH] I can't find anything in my GPO that would not allow this, and it works on Windows 7, just not 10. This happens on all our...
  9. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  10. Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching: Hi I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue. Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will...