Windows 10: Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

Discus and support Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was playing a game and then the computer suddenly restart, again and again after booting up and even while booting up. I already unchacked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geonellnonato, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

I was playing a game and then the computer suddenly restart, again and again after booting up and even while booting up. I already unchacked the automatic boot up setting in msconfig before because it happened already. But now, it happened again. I even try the bootrec /fixboot but access denied. I try to fix as well it but it is still access denied even though i tried to do the diskpart. I just built my PC though. Or its because of my powersupply?

:)

geonellnonato, Feb 13, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 13, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Need some help here with a boot error in Windows Vista.

msconfig.

boot tab.

highlight OS listing.

Delete.

Apply. Restart.

cadaveca, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Cake5 Win User

Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

1. Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up. - Similar Threads - Restart shutting down

2. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  3. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  4. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  5. Pc shuts down after boot

Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  6. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  7. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  8. Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc: Exactly what the subject says. Whenever I restart or shut down and boot up my pc, I can see my profiles and log in menu; but after entering the password it shows me a black screen with a cursor. It stays like that for a few hours. After that, its back to normal. Not sure why...
  9. Will not do a restart/boot after 1 normal Shut Down and power up

Will not do a restart/boot after 1 normal Shut Down and power up: This is an answer for the threads with the same subject. After a normal shut down procedure, pc during power-up stacks on the logo screen. It needs a forced shutdown from the power button to power off and then start-up normally. I tried different configurations from power...
  10. Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.

Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.: Lenovo IdeaPad 710S-13ISK i5-6200U Windows 10 Used it on a normal day then all of a sudden it won't shut down. Kept going straight to lock screen. Nothing i tried would shut it down. Except long pressing the power key. Next time i boot the computer it doesn't get to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone is booting and suting down before finishing