Windows 10: Restart PC 3-4 times a day

Discus and support Restart PC 3-4 times a day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC closes down and restarts 3-4 times a day. I get a code stating critical instruction corruption. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RosellaHopkins, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Restart PC 3-4 times a day

My PC closes down and restarts 3-4 times a day. I get a code stating critical instruction corruption. What do I do?

:)

RosellaHopkins, Aug 27, 2020

2. E5 Restart problem

Visited Nokia Care. They reupdated the software (same version). Before inserting memory card, I foramted it as per their suggestions. But the problem is back. It has restarted some 3-4 times a day. Not sure what my next step should be.

kparicharak---01, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Automatic Power off 3-4 times while booting

Hello Buhari,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run in-built Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on View All.

4. Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
    ENTER.

4. At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Terrypin Win User

Restart PC 3-4 times a day

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restart PC 3-4 times a day [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restart PC 3-4 times a day [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Restart PC 3-4 times a day

1. Restart PC 3-4 times a day - Similar Threads - Restart times

2. I need to restart my pc and reinstall my drivers every single time to get good internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to restart my pc and reinstall my drivers every single time to get good internet: Im not a big computer guy but I do know somethings, Ive tried a lot of methods suggested to me and most of them failed im not sure what to exactly do with this terrible internet speed and I need it fixed asap....
  3. I need to restart my pc and reinstall my drivers every single time to get good internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to restart my pc and reinstall my drivers every single time to get good internet: Im not a big computer guy but I do know somethings, Ive tried a lot of methods suggested to me and most of them failed im not sure what to exactly do with this terrible internet speed and I need it fixed asap....
  4. Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.I detected every time I restart my machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.I detected every time I restart my machine.: It's starting to get irritating. Can anyone help me get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/behaviorwin32coinmineri-detected-every-time-i/03ea16eb-8887-4b29-b424-706be077c554
  5. Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.I detected every time I restart my machine.

Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.I detected every time I restart my machine.: It's starting to get irritating. Can anyone help me get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/behaviorwin32coinmineri-detected-every-time-i/03ea16eb-8887-4b29-b424-706be077c554
  6. DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH

DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH: So my discord keeps crashing and when i look at event viewer it shows windows powershell error. Here is the reportSourceWindows PowerShellSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2024 5:01 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  7. DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH: So my discord keeps crashing and when i look at event viewer it shows windows powershell error. Here is the reportSourceWindows PowerShellSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2024 5:01 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  8. restart taking time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restart taking time: I am facing a problem since last 4 to 5 months that my pc does't restart when i restart it. It takes a lot of time to restart and then i have to switch it off and turn it on again. I have tried troubleshooters but it did not worked. pls look inot it....
  9. Every time I open my computer the internet doesn't connect and I need to restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I open my computer the internet doesn't connect and I need to restart: Hello, I am having an issue where every time I open my computer and try to connect to the internet it says it is connected but it can't use the internet. Once I restart, then it is able to work. Any idea what I can do to resolve the issue?I have downloaded all the latest...
  10. Factory reset itself and bought all file back after i restart my pc 2 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset itself and bought all file back after i restart my pc 2 times: idk how it happened but im just curious why my files got away and came back after i turned it on after committing 2 restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-itself-and-bought-all-file-back/dd391c99-af15-4c88-a8f5-302e22fb861f