Windows 10: Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%

Discus and support Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is occuring with a fresh install of 17763.1 and updated to 17763.55. Brightness ignores my setting. Gort 119895 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hewjr100, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%

This is occuring with a fresh install of 17763.1 and updated to 17763.55. Brightness ignores my setting.

Gort

:)

Hewjr100, Oct 15, 2018

2. Brightness resets after reboot

Hi Marc,

In addition to the troubleshooting step that you have already done, we suggest that you try disabling the adaptive brightness from your PC. Follow the steps below and see if it resolves the issue:

• From the Search bar, type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options from the result. Under Preferred plans, click
      Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and select Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.
    After saving the changes, restart your PC and check if issue still occurs.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Brightness Stuck at Either 100% or 0% in Windows 10.

This issue
    has been posted about before.
    I am having the same issue, but have noticed that my brightness is stuck at 100% or 0%. It seems to stay wherever it was set when it rebooted. I am about to see if it stays at 50%

I have tried:

• reinstalling (deleting the driver files) the video driver.
    • Setting the brightness to 0 & rebooting

Durham Bell, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Vaio 7 Win User

Brightness at 50% every reboot after October 2018 Update

Already tried, no luck, it reverts to 50 after reboot... Moved the slider to 70, it works, but after reboot it reverts back to 50.
    Do you know by chance, the registry key that controls that setting so I could try to adjust there??

Vaio 7, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50% - Similar Threads - Restart reboot resets

2. Windows 11 Brightness resets to 100% after Turn On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Brightness resets to 100% after Turn On: A while ago I updated to Windows 11 and I have a problem that did not get fixed: Brightness resets to 100% when I turn on my laptop. I did not have the issue with Windows 10. I tried every solution from power options to verifying system files with no success. There's...
  3. Windows 11 Brightness resets to 100% after Turn On

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Brightness resets to 100% after Turn On: A while ago I updated to Windows 11 and I have a problem that did not get fixed: Brightness resets to 100% when I turn on my laptop. I did not have the issue with Windows 10. I tried every solution from power options to verifying system files with no success. There's...
  4. Disk Usage going up and down from 100% to 10% and then to 50%..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage going up and down from 100% to 10% and then to 50%..: Tried literally everything I saw on the internet. Disabled search service helped a bit i think, chdsk did nothing and neither did deactivating SysMain. Please help me! Specs: Zotac GTX 1060 3gb + I-7700 + 8GB RAM and 2 HDD's I reinstalled windows 2 months ago because of this...
  5. 50-100% system interrupts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    50-100% system interrupts?: l regularly have situations where my Windows 10 system (MS - Surface Pro) behaves extremely sluggish or gets completely non-responsive. When I then fire up task manager I often see 40%, 50%, up to 99% "system interrupts" as top-CPU eater. What is this BS? What is going on (or...
  6. When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%: SONY Tap 20 with Windows 10 Version 1903. After reducing brightness, my laptop reverts back to 100% - sometimes within a second and sometimes within 20 minutes. "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" is NOT checked. Display adapters cannot roll back. All...
  7. Brightness stuck at 100%

Brightness stuck at 100%: My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon and attempt to...
  8. Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Restart/reboot resets brightness from 100% down to 50%: This is occuring with a fresh install of 17763.1 and updated to 17763.55. Brightness ignores my setting. Gort 119895
  9. Brightness at 50% every reboot after October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness at 50% every reboot after October 2018 Update: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14 7447 and I upgraded to the October 2018 Update a few days ago. Thankfully, I didn't have any of the missing files issue but I do have a minor one: the brightness always resets itself to 50% every time I reboot. I tried searching online and a...
  10. Display brightness is reset to 50% whenever I restart my laptop - Windows 10 Version 1809

Display brightness is reset to 50% whenever I restart my laptop - Windows 10 Version 1809: Hi all After updating to Windows 10 Version 1809 on my Lenovo laptop, the display brightness is always reset to 50% whenever I restart the laptop. By the way, the brightness setting which should locate at the bottom of the Control Panel is gone. The screenshots are attached...