Windows 10: Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode

Discus and support Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,Command "shutdown -m \\RemotePC /r /o" not restart remote machine in recovery mode.How to Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shridhar Kusurkar, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode

Hi,Command "shutdown -m \\RemotePC /r /o" not restart remote machine in recovery mode.How to Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode?Regards,Shridhar.

:)

Shridhar Kusurkar, Jun 21, 2022

2. Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Jun 21, 2022
  3. techpun Win User
    Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Jan123 Win User

Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode

1. Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode - Similar Threads - Restart remote machine

2. Re-installing from windows recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installing from windows recovery mode: After doing a recovery reinstall of the OS from windows recovery mode where I choose download from cloud, and the following installation has finnished, the following happen:A text appear that the installation is canceled, and then it restored back to where I started. So I...
  3. Re-installing from windows recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-installing from windows recovery mode: After doing a recovery reinstall of the OS from windows recovery mode where I choose download from cloud, and the following installation has finnished, the following happen:A text appear that the installation is canceled, and then it restored back to where I started. So I...
  4. Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...: Hi All,I have remote machine which i am able to access from my laptop, sometimes i face issue accessing the machinewill get error like remote machine not connected in network or remote desktop is disabled.if i restart the remote machine it works fine. is this normal or some...
  5. Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode: Hi,Command "shutdown -m \\RemotePC /r /o" not restart remote machine in recovery mode.How to Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode?Regards,Shridhar....
  6. Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode: Hi,Command "shutdown -m \\RemotePC /r /o" not restart remote machine in recovery mode.How to Restart remote Windows 10 machine in recovery RE mode?Regards,Shridhar....
  7. Windows 10 recovery mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 recovery mode: My windows 10 pc is in recovery mode and when i select one of the startup settings, it doesn't seem to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recovery-mode/b6d016a3-0b51-4e9a-bdbb-2cc3c3197b8d
  8. Re-install 10 on dualboot machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install 10 on dualboot machine: Hi all,I have a question about dual-booting.I have 10 as my first operating system.After that I installed 8.1 and I dual-boot.My ? is,I want to install a fresh copy of 10.Will that affect 8.1 partition in any way. Thank-you,Tony. 132207
  9. Re-install 10 on dualboot machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-install 10 on dualboot machine: Hi all,I have a question about dual-booting.I have 10 as my first operating system.After that I installed 8.1 and I dual-boot.My ? is,I want to install a fresh copy of 10.Will that affect 8.1 partition in any way. Thank-you,Tony. 132207
  10. recovery mode windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery mode windows 10: I'm trying to repair my windows 10 computer after it went to the recovery mode screen. I don't have a windows 10 installation DVD so it's stuck on that screen until I fix it. If you guys can help me I'll be so happy. Please respond soon....