Windows 10: Restart Required message shows on notifications

Discus and support Restart Required message shows on notifications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Soon after I hard reset my laptop I keep on getting notifications like this. Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted in order to finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LorenaTuazon, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Restart Required message shows on notifications

Hi. Soon after I hard reset my laptop I keep on getting notifications like this.

Restart Required.

Your PC needs to be restarted in order to finish setting up this device.

Asus Support Device.

I've restarted and updated the laptop so many times but it won't go away. What should I do?

:)

LorenaTuazon, Jun 15, 2019

2. Restart Required Notification Never Goes

Hi,

A restart only requires a computer when a change or an update has been made on the computer. However, we would like a little bit of information for us to isolate your concern:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • When does the message usually showing up?
    • What is the model and make of your computer?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jun 15, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 15, 2019
  4. bogmali Win User

Restart Required message shows on notifications

Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Restart Required message shows on notifications

1. Restart Required message shows on notifications - Similar Threads - Restart Required message

2. Windows 10 Notifications of Messenger shows Message Encoding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications of Messenger shows Message Encoding: Hi Community,I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS build 19043.1889 Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 This might be relevant. This problem began with the latest or penultimate update KB5016616 or KB5012170. The image below shows the encoding of Messenger notifications that...
  3. Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...: I have a Acer Aspire Z3- 710 all in one desktop computer, when it loads up I get this message in the right corner @ the bottom. Here is what the Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. NEC System Firmware. I keep...
  4. Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated "Restart Required" Messages: I am careful to update my PC when updates are available. Currently, my Windows 10 displays a message when booting up for the first time, "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus." Normally I use earbuds for...
  5. system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.: system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware. when I tried to restart it it did show flash progress 100% and stayed that way forever not reacting on any buttons until i let it go out of power and started it again. not it still asks for restart but i am...
  6. Restart notifications

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart notifications: I wonder if restart notifications actually work. I never had an automatic restart on any of the computers I had Windows 10 on, but I'm still worried. Are there any settings I can change? I will have Pro, so I also need Group Policy settings. - - - Updated - - - Also, the...
  7. Windows restart required notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows restart required notification: Hello, After I installed the latest windows 10 update of 2019 , every time I start my pc I get this notification shown in the picture below. The notification keeps popping up whenever I restart or start windows again. [ATTACH]...
  8. Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

Updates require restart - and they never show successful!: Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10. Most updates since then all show "Requires a restart" and they never complete. However, this KB4023057 seems to indicate that...
  9. KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts

KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts: It seems that KB4458469 was successfully installed yesterday (according to the history): 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4458469) Successfully installed on 07/10/2018 However, the Windows Update page continues to exclaim...
  10. Configure Auto-restart Required Notification for Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Configure Auto-restart Required Notification for Updates in Windows 10: How to: Configure Auto-restart Required Notification for Updates in Windows 10 How to Configure Auto-restart Required Notification for Updates in Windows 10 Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically downloading and...