Windows 10: Restart screen bricked..

Discus and support Restart screen bricked.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Getting windows ready.. bricked screen Hi all, I am trying to restart my computer after I have just uninstalled some applications, but after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bigboyronalddd, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Restart screen bricked..

Getting windows ready.. bricked screen

Hi all,

I am trying to restart my computer after I have just uninstalled some applications, but after I clicked “restart”, it went to the screen that says, “getting windows ready, don’t turn off your computer”, and it has been on that screen for at least an hour. Does anyone know a way to get off this screen safely??

I’m using am early 2019 xps 13, running windows 10.

Thanks in advance..

submitted by /u/bigboyronalddd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bigboyronalddd, Oct 7, 2020

2. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Restart screen bricked..

little cat, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Restart screen bricked..

1. Restart screen bricked.. - Similar Threads - Restart screen bricked

2. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  3. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer bricked: After updating WITHOUT MY PERMISSION my computer is now bricked. THANK YOU! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-bricked/6d9e3439-d91f-4df2-90d9-684539e3b546
  4. Computer bricked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update of a Brick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of a Brick: Old timer here- HELP? The brick is a fanlees ACEPC with limited EMMC (slow) memory -Not enough room to update from Windows Version 1909 . I have an SSD installed . 1) Can I move ,copy, or install latest home version on the SSD & trigger machine to start from there? 2) Will...
  6. Breaking OOBE setup bricks the lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Breaking OOBE setup bricks the lock screen?: You can read about how my lock screen is not working over here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-do-anything-with-the-lock-screen/649395e4-9bf7-4cc6-b005-b8f7c444730b?tm=1613122250736 Although this was done on and Insider build, it has...
  7. black screen brick after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen brick after update: since i updated windows 10 a few weeks ago my pc shows only a black screen and no signal on my tv. i cant access the bios or boot into safe mode by shutting it down holding the power button 3 times. i tried different cables and a different tv same problem. i was thinking the...
  8. USB bricked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB bricked: Hello, do you have any recommended actions for a Kingston USB drive that the only thing that it does is say "you have to format the drive" but nothing works? Any program? Thanks! 117249
  9. Bricked SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bricked SSD?: Hello, I was having a problem where Windows 10 would not boot unless I had the USB boot stick in the computer (I could then take it out and windows would run fine). So, I attempted to do a re-install but this time using UEFI so I went into my motherboard and set it up and...
  10. Bricked Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bricked Laptop: Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then...