Windows 10: Restart/shutdown after update always launches radeon settings multiple times

Discus and support Restart/shutdown after update always launches radeon settings multiple times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has been a recurring issue since I bought my new PC 3 months ago, Everytime I restart to Install updates, the system tray has 2 radeon settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saif Raza Khan, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Restart/shutdown after update always launches radeon settings multiple times

This has been a recurring issue since I bought my new PC 3 months ago, Everytime I restart to Install updates, the system tray has 2 radeon settings running, I check in processes, they are both different instances. Moreover, This all prevents my GPU to recognize games and all of them run on the integrated graphics until I can fix it, sometimes it takes me to close both the instances and restart, sometimes works by closing one instance and restart, sometimes restart does nothing and I need to shut down and startup. Needless to say the issue keeps getting more annoying each time it happens. I'd be glad if someone can provide a reliable fix.

:)

Saif Raza Khan, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Gusta_Cz Win User

Windows 1709 launches the same software multiple times

Every time i boot up my PC i have one extra Radeon Settings launched, sometimes it even autostarts Chrome, I feel like theres some setting that auto-launches software that was opened before shutdown, this is a real problem because i'm eventually going to
    run out of ram with all these Radeon Settings...

This problem did not exist in previous version of Windows, the software hasnt changed since before the update...

Edit: Well... I found out about this "feature" that remembers which apps you had running when youre shutting down your PC and launches them when you turn your PC back on, and It's kinda broken because Radeon Settings is an app running on background, so it
    shouldnt be launched (again).

Please add something to disable this feature...

*Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Gusta_Cz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

Hey guys, I am having this problem where I cannot Restart or Shutdown unless I just do a hard shutdown. I refreshed my computer and slowly installed updates while creating restore points before installing. After the second set of updates everything seemed ok but after a few, the problem showed up again. I tried to do a System Restore but it fails because I cannot Restart to complete the process.

Midnite8, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Midnite8 Win User

Restart/shutdown after update always launches radeon settings multiple times

Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Restart/shutdown after update always launches radeon settings multiple times

1. Restart/shutdown after update always launches radeon settings multiple times - Similar Threads - Restart shutdown update

2. DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH: So my discord keeps crashing and when i look at event viewer it shows windows powershell error. Here is the reportSourceWindows PowerShellSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2024 5:01 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  3. DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISCORD RESTARTS FOR FEW TIMES AND THEN CRASHES AFTER LAUNCH: So my discord keeps crashing and when i look at event viewer it shows windows powershell error. Here is the reportSourceWindows PowerShellSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2024 5:01 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  4. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  5. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  6. Is restarting multiple times after BIOS update bad for Gaming Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is restarting multiple times after BIOS update bad for Gaming Laptop?: After I updated my BIOS, my laptop kept restarting multiple times. In order to boot into the Windows screen I had to press the power button when the screen was black, before the next restart was about to happen. Was all the restarting bad for the Laptop?...
  7. Is restarting multiple times after BIOS update bad for Gaming Laptop?

Is restarting multiple times after BIOS update bad for Gaming Laptop?: After I updated my BIOS, my laptop kept restarting multiple times. In order to boot into the Windows screen I had to press the power button when the screen was black, before the next restart was about to happen. Was all the restarting bad for the Laptop?...
  8. Radeon settings and HDMI issues after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Radeon settings and HDMI issues after update: I usually do my own troubleshooting but this is just bizarre. After the recent update I noticed my Radeon settings wasn't in my system tray and I could not open it manually. Ok maybe the update broke it right? So I run DDU in preparation for a clean install and reboot. Huh?...
  9. PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC always restarts when selecting shutdown.: The title basically explains it all. I have tried everything. Disabling fast startup, disabling wake on LAN, trying a clean boot, and nothing has succeeded. This is a brand new installation of Windows as well. Any help is appreciated, thank you. submitted by...
  10. Restart after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart after Shutdown: This is a question I've asked before. My PC often restarts even though I have powered off with Shutdown. The System settings for Shutdown and Restart are set correctly....