Windows 10: restart shutdown

Discus and support restart shutdown in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fredricks, Jan 31, 2016.

1. fredricks Win User

restart shutdown

hello,
    Im just having one problem with win 10
    The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint
    can someone point me to a solution.
    I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down in a sleep, and the fans are running,having to push the reset button.

:)

fredricks, Jan 31, 2016

2. Shutdown or Restart

I am experiencing the same dilemma and yes, immediately following the Win 10 Fall Creators Update. It is a minor nuisance and I think I will simply watch to see if it continues or if a suggestion to resolve appears.

Thanks Terry,

Good advice. Think I will do the same.

geordiejohn62, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Shutdown or Restart

Same problem here, and same timing... only started after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

SandieBlack, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

restart shutdown

1. restart shutdown - Similar Threads - restart shutdown

2. Computer keeps restarting on its own after software shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps restarting on its own after software shutdown: A few days ago I got a new razer naga x and installed the updated synapse app not sure if these are connected but it's the only thing that changed, if it's noteworthy the mouse/keyboard would keep going unresponsive until I un/re-plugged them while the mouse' drivers were...
  3. Windows 10 restarts automatically and instantly after shutdown

Windows 10 restarts automatically and instantly after shutdown: Hello I made my computer myself and now it restarts automatically after shutdown. It worked well for months and now it's been few days I can't turn it off : I'm not a expert so I need your help please... I tried most of tricks I have seen here, except the update of bios:...
  4. Windows 10 can't sleep, restart, or shutdown; hangs at a black screen.

Windows 10 can't sleep, restart, or shutdown; hangs at a black screen.: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 from Ubuntu, and everything is mostly fine. Unfortunately, I am unable to put my system to sleep, restart it, or shut it down using the UI. I've resorted to forcefully powering it off after telling it to shut down. I've done the usual advice,...
  5. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  6. Windows Update restart vs. shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update restart vs. shutdown: Every week or so, Microsoft wants me to update my Surface book 3 with the latest windows update. Fine, i get that. What i do not understand is it can somehow only install on a restart. When i click start , power, it shows 'update and restart', but not update and shutdown...
  7. About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart: On shutdown then power button machine boots with very, very few errors. On restart for example after installing a major Windows 10 updatethere are multiple errors in computer management including the continually bedeviling DCOM errors. Windows 10 completely upgraded to latest...
  8. Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted

Computer will not automatically reboot after APC UPS has shutdown and restarted: My Windows 10 PC has connected to the APC UPs and not turning on after shut down the PC and when I turn the UPS on. I have to turn the computer on manually by pressing the PC power button. In Bios , ALWAYS ON and WAKE ON LAN options are active. I did follow the APC UPS...
  9. Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen

Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen: Hi, I am getting issues with my windows 10 for a long [almost 3 months], as windows cannot shut down normally, always it goes to sleep when clicking on the shutdown button. And to shut down, need to use the power button, press it for 10 -12 second to turn off the laptop...
  10. my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown

my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown: my computer restarts 3-5 min after shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-3-5-min-after-shutdown/319a676b-db03-4a4c-844c-85a208fb6f2f