Windows 10: restart shutdown

Discus and support restart shutdown in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fredricks, Jan 31, 2016.

1. fredricks Win User

restart shutdown

hello,
    Im just having one problem with win 10
    The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint
    can someone point me to a solution.
    I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down in a sleep, and the fans are running,having to push the reset button.

:)

fredricks, Jan 31, 2016

2. Shutdown or Restart

I am experiencing the same dilemma and yes, immediately following the Win 10 Fall Creators Update. It is a minor nuisance and I think I will simply watch to see if it continues or if a suggestion to resolve appears.

Thanks Terry,

Good advice. Think I will do the same.

geordiejohn62, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Shutdown or Restart

Same problem here, and same timing... only started after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

SandieBlack, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

restart shutdown

1. restart shutdown - Similar Threads - restart shutdown

2. Windows 10 restart/shutdown display clone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restart/shutdown display clone: We operate with displayswitch /extend on multiple disparate monitors sometimes including ghost monitors. We would like the Restarting... / Shut down... screens to appear on all monitors which displayswitch /clone would do. We must have /extend during logout and login so that...
  3. Windows 10 restart/shutdown display clone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restart/shutdown display clone: We operate with displayswitch /extend on multiple disparate monitors sometimes including ghost monitors. We would like the Restarting... / Shut down... screens to appear on all monitors which displayswitch /clone would do. We must have /extend during logout and login so that...
  4. Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart: When I reboot, the startup usually takes about 2 minutes to complete.While that is happening, the taskbar on ALL monitors does not display except the Main display.If you hover over the main display taskbar, it shows the loading sign.Then as soon as it is close to finishing...
  5. Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart

Windows 11 Multiple Monitors slow start-up from shutdown or restart: When I reboot, the startup usually takes about 2 minutes to complete.While that is happening, the taskbar on ALL monitors does not display except the Main display.If you hover over the main display taskbar, it shows the loading sign.Then as soon as it is close to finishing...
  6. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  7. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  8. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

9. Restore colored shutdown/restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore colored shutdown/restart screen: Hello,I've just switched to Windows 11 and I absolutely don't like the black shutdown/restart/update/Ctrl+Alt+Del screen which had the chosen accent color in Windows 10.Is there a way to restore the colored screen?Thank you in advance....
  10. Restore colored shutdown/restart screen

Restore colored shutdown/restart screen: Hello,I've just switched to Windows 11 and I absolutely don't like the black shutdown/restart/update/Ctrl+Alt+Del screen which had the chosen accent color in Windows 10.Is there a way to restore the colored screen?Thank you in advance....