Windows 10: Restart/Start issues

Discus and support Restart/Start issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new but I've been around a few times and I thank you all for the invaluable help and tips. I just upgraded my Dell Optiplex 960 (ancient) Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shloz, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Shloz Win User

Restart/Start issues

Hi, I'm new but I've been around a few times and I thank you all for the invaluable help and tips.
    I just upgraded my Dell Optiplex 960 (ancient) Core 2 Duo, 8GB, to Windows 10 professional 64 (10.0.10941 build 10941) from 7 pro 64. I had to fight all the way through the install because it hung at the first restart. I finally got it installed through a little trial and error, but mainly by luck, with a cold start after initial step of install.
    Ever since, I can only get Windows to boot with a cold start, and it has to be really cold, if I turn the PC back on right away it won't boot. (Sometimes the only way is to pull the plug!)
    Actual symptoms are: hanging at the initial Windows logo with swirling dots for hours, or the PC saying that there's no boot device. Sometimes Windows seems to mess up the settings in BIOS and after I fix that it boots, but only if I shut the PC first and give it some time.
    I tried disabling Fast Boot, and I reflashed my BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Shloz, Jun 11, 2020
  2. little cat, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Restart/Start issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Restart/Start issues

1. Restart/Start issues - Similar Threads - Restart Start issues

2. Restart issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart issue: I restarted my laptop bacause of an unrelated issue and in the process of installing windows 10 it's asking me for an email from a school organization while im in a different continent from it, what to do since im stuck in this page without the student's email required. There...
  3. Restart issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart issue: I restarted my laptop bacause of an unrelated issue and in the process of installing windows 10 it's asking me for an email from a school organization while im in a different continent from it, what to do since im stuck in this page without the student's email required. There...
  4. Restart issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart issue: Hello,I was just playing some games until my laptop said, Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collection some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.100% CompletePs; my on and off button on the side of my laptop doesn’t work so I am wondering...
  5. Restarting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting issue: I havent used my computer in months which means I haven’t updated it in months so I checked for updates but it wouldn’t stop it just kept checking so I restarted my computer to update and it’s been 20 minutes and it’s still on the restarting screen I’ve turned off my computer...
  6. Restarting issue

Restarting issue: I havent used my computer in months which means I haven’t updated it in months so I checked for updates but it wouldn’t stop it just kept checking so I restarted my computer to update and it’s been 20 minutes and it’s still on the restarting screen I’ve turned off my computer...
  7. Restarting issue

Restarting issue: Hi .I don't know why my PC is like that . When I restart my PC, it deletes amount of data from drive C; and the PC slows and ain't work well. This is why I stop the windows update . When this happens , I go to recovery setting and Reset my pc. It will solve but it's boring.My...
  8. Restart issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart issue: Hey I am unable to restart my laptop since a few months after a successful windows 10 update it is only stuck at restarting screen. I am not able to implement some of my settings that need a restart. Please reply soon, thank you!!...
  9. Restart issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart issue: If i am trying to restart my laptop is taking so much time and not getting restated. I have to forcefully shutdown it working fine. I tried to troubleshoot windows update it is also taking time any suggestion what should i do...
  10. restart issue

in Windows 10 Support
    restart issue: looking for a way to force shutdown and restart of pc. Does anyon know how to do this for win 10? thx 38332