Windows 10: Restart taking abnormally wrong

Discus and support Restart taking abnormally wrong in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past 2 month I have noticed that reboots were taking abnormally long. I have an ssd and from cold boots in a min and can use apps. But when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Taydo629, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Restart taking abnormally wrong

For the past 2 month I have noticed that reboots were taking abnormally long. I have an ssd and from cold boots in a min and can use apps. But when I perform a restart from windows it takes from 5 to 20mins. My pc specs are CPU:i5-6600k Memory:4x 4GB corsair vengeance 2400MHz GPU:GTX1060 MoBo:Z170 extreme 4 asrock Storage:C drive-480gb ssd 2x hdd 700W psu

submitted by /u/Taydo629
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Taydo629, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Restart taking abnormally wrong

little cat, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Restart taking abnormally wrong

1. Restart taking abnormally wrong - Similar Threads - Restart taking abnormally

2. restart taking time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restart taking time: I am facing a problem since last 4 to 5 months that my pc does't restart when i restart it. It takes a lot of time to restart and then i have to switch it off and turn it on again. I have tried troubleshooters but it did not worked. pls look inot it....
  3. Windows taking abnormally long to boot and freezing at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking abnormally long to boot and freezing at random times: Recently I have noticed a quite significant slowdown in Windows booting up from about a minute or less to about 2 to 4 minutes and around the same time I have noticed at random points when left alone Windows randomly freezes and the only way to turn it off I have found is by...
  4. Take a picture if wrong password is used

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take a picture if wrong password is used: How can I set up computer to take a picture if the wrong face or password is used to try and start/restart the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/take-a-picture-if-wrong-password-is-used/5a430284-b099-490d-98d2-db40c06883e7
  5. Restart takes eternity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart takes eternity: I recently built a computer and the shutdown and boot time takes only 5-10 seconds but when I try restarting it from the start menu it takes almost 4-5mins. I seriously don't understand how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance submitted by /u/harjot6 [link] [comments]...
  6. Abnormal installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Abnormal installation: Recently i was update from window 10 version 1909 to window 10 version 2004 but every time i got popup message after restart my pc " Error:abnormal installation , Product installed required entries not exit.. Cannot continue "...
  7. Taking to long to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taking to long to restart: Hi my computer has been restarting for 7 hours. What should I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-to-long-to-restart/37a551d8-7349-4272-9b79-b0a0ae9c4cf5
  8. Abnormal Termination

Abnormal Termination: Hi When I use a specific command (creat insert mesh) in z-brush - i get this eror and zbrush is closed. [ATTACH] please guide me, best rigards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abnormal-termination/855e65d2-2197-4b71-ada6-5ef4317a9fd8
  9. Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air

Abnormal restart on a Windows Surface Pro that was live on air: Hello, I had an issue with one of our production rigs, from which one of the components is a Windows 10 Surface Pro. The issue appeared after 7 hours, and was a Kernel General Code 12. Why is this kind of things happening, knowing that the machine was up to date and was...
  10. abnormal istallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    abnormal istallation: WHY IS REQUIRED ABNORMAL INSTALLATION IN DESKTOP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abnormal-istallation/45ee0a3c-6a83-4be3-85a5-9bb2f2be2076