Windows 10: Restart to repair boot error

Discus and support Restart to repair boot error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been fighting against this issue for quite a long time now.I have also followed the procedure at point 10 here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IleMore, Jul 22, 2021.

1. IleMore Win User

Restart to repair boot error

Hi, I've been fighting against this issue for quite a long time now.I have also followed the procedure at point 10 here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-performance-and-install-integrity/75529fd4-fac7-4653-893a-dd8cd4b4db00After the first scan some damaged files were found and repaired. Everything seemed to be back to normal.This morning I got that nasty message again see below. I have run sfc /scannow before shutting down and no damaged files were found but now Windows won't start. I recalled the CMD prompt to run the sfc /scannow and the

:)

IleMore, Jul 22, 2021
  2. blzmn Win User

2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Jul 22, 2021
  3. reverze Win User
    vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Startup repair not working after "Default boot device missing" message

Hi Adam,

Corrupted boot system files is one possible cause why you're getting an error message after running the startup repair. Before we proceed, I'd like to know if you have made any changes prior to the issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you boot from Windows 10 installation media in a removable storage device, flash drive, or DVD and access the Advanced option. To do this, follow the steps:

• Insert the USB or flash drive to your PC and restart.
    • The Windows Setup screen will pop-up, select language and click Next.
    • Choose Repair your computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Choose Command Prompt and enter the following commands:

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /fixMBR

bootrec /fixBoot

bootrec /rebuildBCD

• Restart PC and check if there are any changes.

Update us with the results.

Julie Ram, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Restart to repair boot error - Similar Threads - Restart repair boot

2. Restart to repair driver errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair driver errors: I have been getting the "restart to repair driver errors" notification basically every day for the past few months. I used to restart my computer but it doesn't appear that it would fix anything because I would continue to get the notification the next day. I ran the:fsutil...
  3. Restart to repair driver errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart to repair driver errors: I have been getting the "restart to repair driver errors" notification basically every day for the past few months. I used to restart my computer but it doesn't appear that it would fix anything because I would continue to get the notification the next day. I ran the:fsutil...
  4. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  5. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  6. restart to repair driver errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restart to repair driver errors: So when i boot up my pc this message always shows up, i tried the guide how to fix the problem but its still the same. Heres a photo for u i would really appreciate the help....
  7. restart to repair driver errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    restart to repair driver errors: So when i boot up my pc this message always shows up, i tried the guide how to fix the problem but its still the same. Heres a photo for u i would really appreciate the help....
  8. Restart to repair drivers error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart to repair drivers error: Hello, I keep getting the notification "restart to repair drivers errors" why do this keep happening. I am fixing it by running chkdsk /f /r cmd in the recovery mode. I just wanted to know if its normal. Btw its the third time this month....
  9. Restart To Repair Drive errors

Restart To Repair Drive errors: So i started getting this message abt 3-4 days back. It is detecting some problem with my C: Drive and it tells me to restart I have currently tried every fix possible DISM, CHKDSK, SFC /SCANNOW, RESTARTING, RUNNING VIRUS CHECK but none of them seem to work. How do i fix...
  10. Restart to Repair Drive Errors

Restart to Repair Drive Errors: I have a 7 year old win10 Dell 660 computer with initially a 2TB HD that was split into C and D. When I started up the computer it has been delayed and noted errors were found on D drive and asked if I wanted to fix it. When I say yes it would attempt to fix it and then...