Windows 10: "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.

Discus and support "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Backstory/explanation as to how i got to this point: I bought a larger and better ssd to replace the one i had in my system, once i installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mozmed, May 20, 2020.

1. Mozmed Win User

"Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.

Hi,

Backstory/explanation as to how i got to this point:

I bought a larger and better ssd to replace the one i had in my system, once i installed windows on the ssd i realised that one of the drives wasn't being picked up due to being 'dynamic' as such i loaded the old windows install on the old ssd back up and copied over the files from the drive in question to another drive. I want to make clear that before wiping and reformatting the first drive i made sure that the files had copied over, this had taken multiple hours due to needing to copy over approximately 500gb. Once the drive was reformatted i loaded back into the new ssd. At this point i remember seeing that some/most of the files that i had changed/added were there the drive used capacity seemed as it should have been but notably i had left a txt file with the drive name and letter it was assigned in the root directory of each hdd i had, this was missing from the drive i had copied the data to, after realising this i went back into the partition manager.

The Problem

At this point my pc showed "restart to repair driver errors" as such i thought that would fix what was wrong/glitching. However once i clicked it, had my pc restart and then got back into the system, every single file that i had copied from the original hard drive to the other hard drive was missing entirely, as if it had never been there.

What i have tried:

Seeing if there was a FOUND.000 folder in the drive in question which there was not

Using "Recuva" software to see if the files could be found on the drive also failed, they didnt show up even under 'deep scan'

Using 'recuva' on the original drive to try to recover from there All the files that i've tried to recover from here have been corrupt

Is there anything else i can try to do?

:)

Mozmed, May 20, 2020
  2. Sommer Win User

Hard Drive "Read Disk Error Ctrl-Alt-Del to Restart" on Startup

I had the same problem, turned out to be a bad memory stick.

This is what I found on the net, don't remember the site now, but for what's it worth:

Sommer, May 20, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 20, 2020
  4. "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.

little cat, May 20, 2020
Thema:

"Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.

1. "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss. - Similar Threads - Restart repair drive

2. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?: My computer fully supports UEFI and GPT. However, when I was installing Windows 10, I installed it with the combination of MBR+Legacy Fast, Secure Boot Off. My computer officially supports Windows 11. In the PC Health Check application, it was written that Secure Boot could...
  3. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?: My computer fully supports UEFI and GPT. However, when I was installing Windows 10, I installed it with the combination of MBR+Legacy Fast, Secure Boot Off. My computer officially supports Windows 11. In the PC Health Check application, it was written that Secure Boot could...
  4. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  6. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.: Hey, I have this weird thing about my Drive C: as you can see from the image below. This has been going on for a while now, probably more than a month. Back in July my HDD kinda got corrupted long story short, a game called Genshin Impact made the system to blue screen and...
  7. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.: Hey, I have this weird thing about my Drive C: as you can see from the image below. This has been going on for a while now, probably more than a month. Back in July my HDD kinda got corrupted long story short, a game called Genshin Impact made the system to blue screen and...
  8. Drive C: We found errors on this drive. To prevent data loss, repair this drive now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Restart to Repair Drive Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart to Repair Drive Errors: I have a 7 year old win10 Dell 660 computer with initially a 2TB HD that was split into C and D. When I started up the computer it has been delayed and noted errors were found on D drive and asked if I wanted to fix it. When I say yes it would attempt to fix it and then...
  10. Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10: I have windows 10 that everytime the computer restarts, I lost all my data in my files like download , document, music, video, photos. And the screen always starts with the Microsoft Edge . I have tried to do a Restore but did not solve the problem, what is wrong with my...