Windows 10: "Restart to repair drive errors" - Which Drive?

Discus and support "Restart to repair drive errors" - Which Drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently received this notification. I would like to know which drive it was that had errors on it. I have 5 different Hard Drives connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by matlok360, Mar 27, 2019.

1. matlok360 Win User

"Restart to repair drive errors" - Which Drive?

I recently received this notification. I would like to know which drive it was that had errors on it. I have 5 different Hard Drives connected to my PC. Is there any way to view more details on this error?

:)

matlok360, Mar 27, 2019
  2. little cat, Mar 27, 2019
  3. restart to repair drive errors win 10

Hi,

The "Restart to repair drive errors" indicates that there's an issue with your hard drive. We suggest that you check this
    article and follow the steps under the
    Restore from a system restore point section. System restore point takes you back to an earlier point in time. This won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove drivers, updates, and apps installed after the restore point was made.

Get back to us with the result for further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. "Restart to repair drive errors" - Which Drive? - Similar Threads - Restart repair drive

2. Restart to repair drive errors [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restart to repair drive errors [Windows 10]: Hi, I recently install NVMe M.2 SSD with PCIe x1 adapter when the problem occur. It ask me to restart and so here is what I have done in order: 1. Restart the message still appear 2. Properties > Tools > Check No errors 3. CMD as below: [ATTACH] I am about to proceed...
  3. "Restart to repair drive errors" windows 10 pro 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Restart to repair drive errors" windows 10 pro 1903: Just started getting this, and wondering why ? I just ran check disk under 'tools' on C: right click- so why does THAT show my ssd fine, yet windows 10 pro keeps wanting me to FIX disk errors? I feel something amiss here......
  4. Drive error restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drive error restart: I don't get this. No matter how many times I restart this continues to happen. It is driving me nuts! Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-error-restart/80c81ee2-17fd-43f6-9c2f-64e38a917c07
  5. Reconnect my drive? Which drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnect my drive? Which drive?: I've started getting an announcement at boot time that commands me "Reconnect Your Drive." But the genius who wrote this message left tout one small detail, the drive ID. which drive am I supposed to reconnect? And just HOW am I supposed to reconnect It? And BTW: I'm...
  6. "Scanning & Repairing Drive" error at Startup -CCCleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Scanning & Repairing Drive" error at Startup -CCCleaner: At boot up get "Scanning & repairing driver...…." at startup after using CCCleaner. I've reversed the action, but it didn't help. I contact CC Cleaner & they were of no help. My laptop boots after about 2 minutes and runs fines. I've went back to previous point and that...
  7. Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors"

Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors": Its random but happens at least once a week. Then i restart it and while its shutting down it gets a blue screen and then boots into system repair. Granted my drive is old, and probably near its end, but i have almost no problems with it anymore. What makes it repair these...
  8. Which Drive is Which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Drive is Which?: I am trying to test a drive with seatools - and anything else available, such as inbuilt disk checking - but I can't figure out which drive is which. I can right click in explorer and select properties only to get a list of all drives on the system - and always in the same...
  9. Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%".

Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%".: Hi. I have an HP Pavilion 17 Laptop PC. The partitions were recently borked. So I figured out a way to fix it. I created a Windows 8.1 Bootable Media from Microsoft, reinstalled Windows 8 (Windows 8.1) and upgraded it to Windows 10. The sad thing is that I still can't get it...
  10. Repair Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Boot Drive: My computer was setup using 2 HDD and EasyBCD boot menu. That file seems to have become corrupt or damaged as I am getting a message; Reboot and Select Boot Drive or insert boot media in selected drive and press a key. I have followed Windows Repair Boot Drive instructions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart to repair drive errors