Windows 10: Restart too slow

Discus and support Restart too slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop, win 10 pro, restarts very very slow, but quick in shutdown and then start. It use just one SSD and should have been restarted in a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by yqyq35, Mar 31, 2020.

1. yqyq35 Win User

Restart too slow

My laptop, win 10 pro, restarts very very slow, but quick in shutdown and then start. It use just one SSD and should have been restarted in a few seconds. But yesterday I discover that if I click restart button, after it turn off the power, the external keyboard‘s light was on but the laptop was black screen and the fan was working, 1 min later the logo appear, which also takes about 1 min, then the loading circle appeared and start, The whole restart process almost takes about 2-3 min, but if I shutdown 4 s and start 8 s, the whole process takes about 15 s

:)

yqyq35, Mar 31, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 31, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Terrypin Win User

Restart too slow

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restart too slow [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restart too slow [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Restart too slow

1. Restart too slow - Similar Threads - Restart too slow

2. SYSTEM TOO SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM TOO SLOW: HOW CAN I SPEED UP MY PC + MAKE HIM REBOOT FASTER WITHOUT UPDATES + WHY MICROSOFT KEEPS ASKING ME TO SING IN although I MARKED THE BOX IN THE THE FIRST PLACE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-too-slow/63f6ce8f-f6a8-45c1-9c46-cf310ab5f0a9
  3. SYSTEM TOO SLOW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM TOO SLOW: HOW CAN I SPEED UP MY PC + MAKE HIM REBOOT FASTER WITHOUT UPDATES + WHY MICROSOFT KEEPS ASKING ME TO SING IN although I MARKED THE BOX IN THE THE FIRST PLACE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-too-slow/63f6ce8f-f6a8-45c1-9c46-cf310ab5f0a9
  4. laptop is too slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop is too slow: Hello sir my name is abhishek I recently buy a ldeapad slim 3 from amazon but this laptop performs too slow every apps takes too much time too load and also if i start restart the laptop for update its restart screen stuck and did not update the pc properly and its too...
  5. Update is too slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is too slow: I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 and I have 3 qustions while updating it to 1803 1Update is too slow, can't I speed up it? 2How much data will it take for updating from 10240 to 1803? 3Can I successfully update 5 years old version?...
  6. too slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    too slow: i dont understand my laptop is very slow I refreshed it several times nothing changed it is tooo slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/too-slow/99351137-db9b-497b-9930-f5cd3eaa2382
  7. why is my windows 10 too slow to restart

why is my windows 10 too slow to restart: why is my windows 10 too slow to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-10-too-slow-to-restart/f73354a7-8e32-4065-b27e-8be283cd4d7f
  8. Computer is too slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer is too slow: My computer started to work too slow and I found out that Superfetch is a culprit . I stopped this program but the computer is still working slowly. What is the fix? I updated drivers but with no effect....
  9. Windows is too slow

Windows is too slow: Windows has been too slow after the update, update all the drivers and check the entire Windows Defender computer, any ideas that may be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-too-slow/55dd2c39-e3e9-4a02-8f37-5c0435498174
  10. Mouse too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse too slow: My mouse in Windows 10 is very slow in games (CS: GO and other games). I can't play CS: GO with 400 DPI because mouse moving too slow. 43506