Windows 10: Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10

Discus and support Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Answer to this problem was posted in 2015. Now a locked thread. My pc only started to need 2 boot ups at start of this year 2020. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jensmith7, Jan 18, 2020.

1. jensmith7 Win User

Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10

Answer to this problem was posted in 2015. Now a locked thread.

My pc only started to need 2 boot ups at start of this year 2020.

Why?

:)

jensmith7, Jan 18, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Restart twice necessary on my desktop pc windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restart twice necessary

2. Windows 11 asks twice to restart to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asks twice to restart to update: Why does Windows 11 ask me to restart to update, and then after "updating" asks me to restart to update again? This has happened many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-asks-twice-to-restart-to-update/739bdf43-86bb-487e-afc9-e0302cb3126a
  3. Windows 11 asks twice to restart to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 asks twice to restart to update: Why does Windows 11 ask me to restart to update, and then after "updating" asks me to restart to update again? This has happened many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-asks-twice-to-restart-to-update/739bdf43-86bb-487e-afc9-e0302cb3126a
  4. " A problem occurred on your PC and it is necessary resart it. Your PC will restart...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    " A problem occurred on your PC and it is necessary resart it. Your PC will restart...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/palhetz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4yep2/a_problem_occurred_on_your_pc_and_it_is_necessary/
  5. are they necessary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are they necessary: After my upgrade to Win 10 (over Win 7) I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ files, some x86 some x64 going back as far as 2011. I also have some Visual Studios redistributables most x64 but one x86) going back to 2012. Are all these iterations necessary? Can i delete some?...
  6. Syncing Windows 10 Necessary?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing Windows 10 Necessary?: If I only have one Windows 10 device, should I turn off syncing and not worry about it anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-windows-10-necessary/befc1ffe-fa65-4397-935f-4e1705d4df3a"
  7. Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice: Hello, I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC. When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it starts twice. It comes on very briefly, switches off for approximetely five seconds, and then starts again without any...
  8. PC freezes on desktop and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes on desktop and restarts: Hi, Whenever I log into my PC it brings me to my desktop but just freezes. It then resarts with the blue screen saying ‘Your PC ran into a problem and had to restart’. I can’t click on anything or do anything because everything is just frozen. I think this was after I...
  9. Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10): There are soooo many things running on my PC, some I don't even recognize, which obviously makes my PC run horribly. Is there a list of absolutely necessary programs/apps that windows 10 must have to run correctly so that I or anyone else wondering the same thing can get...
  10. My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup: I just rejoined my dad's homegroup, but my computer appears twice... one with my MS account profile picture and name and one without either... but they both show the same folders, etc. Is it possible that the homegroup is picking up the local account I had prior to logging...