Windows 10: Restart very slow?

Discus and support Restart very slow? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey Guys I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 ) But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ancient, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

Restart very slow?

Hey Guys

I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 )
    But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo work?
    Time I get is around 14 secs.

Also the restart option seems extremely slow ie around 1 minute, is this normal?
    Is there anything that can be done to improve this?

What sort of restart times is everyone getting?

Thank you

:)

ancient, Aug 2, 2015

2. worried very much

This is exactly what happened to my son's computer, when he upgraded to Win 10 his computer crashed and it has not worked since he installed Win 10 on the first day it was made available. I suspect it has destroyed the hard drive. When he turns it on the
    only thing that works is the fan inside the computer and that's it. This is a very expensive gaming computer, Microsoft please help!

Very very very concerned, Aug 2, 2015
  3. 3 year old PC not supported by Windows 10

I just spent an entire day, with the help of an IT buddy, finding out that my tower PC is no longer supported by Windows 10. For weeks I've been bombarded with updates and reminders about upgrading to Windows 10, ver 1609, but each time I upgrade I get
    a black screen around the 75% upgrade complete mark - and I'm forced to back-out to the previous version of Windows 10. Twice a day I'm forced to close an automatic upgrade cause I know its going to fail. Today I took the chance to use Windows 10 Assistant
    - assuming that because of all the issues I've been reading about, MS finally creates something we all can use. Turns out, it fails AGAIN! Only this time, I can't back-out to a previous version....my PC goes into a continues loop of rebooting. Literally
    10hrs later and I'm forced install Windows 8.1 and I'm still working no re-installing all my programs, configuring my system and loading backed-up data.

Never again Microsoft, this was the last straw - you've lost a customer forever....but I'm sure you don't give a crap about one customer - its clear in your product and support.

Very very very unhappy, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Restart very slow?

1. Restart very slow? - Similar Threads - Restart very slow

2. very slow on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow on restart: window 11 takes a very long time to get to the home screen on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-on-restart/448b8ad4-5645-4443-836c-450ca2dd6ffe
  3. very slow on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow on restart: window 11 takes a very long time to get to the home screen on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-on-restart/448b8ad4-5645-4443-836c-450ca2dd6ffe
  4. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  5. Very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  6. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  7. Windows 10x64 restarting very very slow!

Windows 10x64 restarting very very slow!: Hello, dear members I'm struggling to figure out why my windows 10 restarts so very slow? Is it possible to figure out the reason using logs? First thing I want to say, that SFC /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth cant find any issue and checkdisk can't...
  8. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  9. Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast: Yes, I have that famous bug of Wndows 10. When I shut down my PC, and then turn on it with the button of the case, the System boot very fast, like in15 seconds, but when I restarting the system, it delays like 2 minutes to restart (I talking from the Bios screen) But that...
  10. Very slow restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow restart: Before I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 it took only about a minute to restart. After the upgrade to Win 10 it takes about 5 minutes to restart. How do I fix this? 23718