Windows 10: Restart when Turning off

Discus and support Restart when Turning off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey y’all , idk nothing sadly about it but it’s happen to me a lot . I just press shutdown and it’s just restarting without saying anything. Now I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Amaterasu-x, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Restart when Turning off

Hey y’all , idk nothing sadly about it but it’s happen to me a lot . I just press shutdown and it’s just restarting without saying anything. Now I only want to know why . My friend and I use the same settings and power option but it’s just for me and it’s Randomly which mean it’s sometimes will happen and sometimes won’t . Can some1 tell me just why it’s happen ? Do I have some sort of a Virus ? I updated windows but still nothing. *I know about the fast boot option and regedit but I just want to know what caused it if any1 know . Thx !!

submitted by /u/Amaterasu-x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Amaterasu-x, Dec 22, 2020
  2. little cat, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restart when Turning off [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restart when Turning off [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Restart when Turning off

PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Restart when Turning off

1. Restart when Turning off - Similar Threads - Restart Turning off

2. Laptop dosen't restart when Charing is turned Off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop dosen't restart when Charing is turned Off.: To,Microsoft Community. Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My Laptop is charing, I try to restart My Laptop, It restarts properly. → When My Laptop charging is turned off & i try to restart...
  3. Laptop dosen't restart when Charing is turned Off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dosen't restart when Charing is turned Off.: To,Microsoft Community. Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My Laptop is charing, I try to restart My Laptop, It restarts properly. → When My Laptop charging is turned off & i try to restart...
  4. Bluetooth turns off at restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth turns off at restart: Hi. I use a bluetooth mouse and I have noticed that I have to troubleshoot my bluetooth everytime after restart to get it to work. It's not just the mouse. There is no bluetooth functionality unless I do a troubleshoot.Please help...
  5. Bluetooth turns off at restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth turns off at restart: Hi. I use a bluetooth mouse and I have noticed that I have to troubleshoot my bluetooth everytime after restart to get it to work. It's not just the mouse. There is no bluetooth functionality unless I do a troubleshoot.Please help...
  6. When I turn off my laptop it restarts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I turn off my laptop it restarts.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer it immediately starts again, like a restart. Can someone explain to me why does it happen? If I should worry? and, how to fix it?...
  7. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  8. Media Streaming Turns off when i restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming Turns off when i restart: Hi All. When i reboot my PC Media Streaming is turned off. How do I keep it on? The service is set to automatic, WMP is enabled. When I turn Media Streaming manually, from the Network and Sharing Center, it works perfectly, allowing me to stream content from my Win 10 PC to...
  9. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

Pc turns off but not on again when restarting: I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time. Any help would be much appreciated...
  10. When I restart pc it turns off

When I restart pc it turns off: When I restart my pc it turns off but all the lights and fans are still on. When i shut it down it down it works perfectly fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-restart-pc-it-turns-off/79c267bb-44f8-4ec3-804a-80ff1f06cd2f