Windows 10: Restart windows after shut down

Discus and support Restart windows after shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PooriaKhosravi1, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Restart windows after shut down

Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?

:)

PooriaKhosravi1, Mar 14, 2022
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Restart windows after shut down :confused:*Mad Restart windows after shut down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Mar 14, 2022
  3. little cat, Mar 14, 2022
  4. Cake5 Win User

Restart windows after shut down

Laptop restarts when i try to shut down

What methods have you used to shut it down? The usual ways are to open Start, click the power icon and then choose Shut Down. Alternatively you can go onto the desktop and press Alt+F4 to open the shut down/restart dialog. Third,
    type "shut down" into the Start search and click the "shut down" entry.

Also see
    this forum post
    from 2015. Microsoft staff member answer below copied from linked:

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3:

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are

causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot"
    in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Ravindra R Kamath

Microsoft Community

Cake5, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

Restart windows after shut down

1. Restart windows after shut down - Similar Threads - Restart shut down

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  4. No signal after restart or shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  5. No signal after restart or shut down.

No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  6. Windows Restarting after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  7. Windows Restarting after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  8. Windows Restarting after shutting down

9. Restart windows after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...
  10. Restart windows after shut down

Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...