Windows 10: Restart

Discus and support Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I restart my computer, ie after installing an update, it hangs at the restart screen and I have to press power button to reboot system. Any one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greshoff, Aug 26, 2015.

1. greshoff Win User

Restart

When I restart my computer, ie after installing an update, it hangs at the restart screen and I have to press power button to reboot system. Any one else had this issue?

:)

greshoff, Aug 26, 2015
  2. SLSharp Win User

Restart and restart and restart.

Same thing happened to me on my laptop. I tried 4 system restore points and still did it. I finally had to do a full system recovery and got It to start. But now when windows boots up the fan goes full blast and it gets very hot and shuts down after 10
    or 15 minutes. Very very frustrated. My computer worked perfect before the upgrade. Now its almost useless.

SLSharp, Aug 26, 2015
  3. KenPapp Win User
    Restart and restart and restart.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The system keeps on crashing. This is the message appears on the blue screen:

“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you (xx% complete)” followed by “If you'd like to know more you can search online alter for this error: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

There is no other information. And it restarts

KenPapp, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Restart

It may be installing the update. How long are we talking about?

fracking4oil, Aug 26, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Did the same to me, this is 2nd time. I see the screen Windows is updating your computer, don't turn off, then goes to 30% then reboots to black screen, I've waited over 6 mins once, now I just turn off, turn back on, and updates finish nicely. Why?? No idea. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  6. greshoff Win User
    It happens every time I press restart

greshoff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restart

1. Restart - Similar Threads - Restart

2. The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...: I have tried numerous ways to try and fix this and nothing worked, pc does a restart automatically at 7% complete then the update fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-kb5005565-update-does-not-complete/6a8d2cce-917e-4837-bddf-5e4290bba9b1
  3. Windows 10 Circle freeze after restart or shut down and reboot

Windows 10 Circle freeze after restart or shut down and reboot: I dont know how to fix this please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-circle-freeze-after-restart-or-shut/ef55804e-3846-401d-aa01-c21b6a3e09c3
  4. Programs stop working until computer restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop working until computer restart: Hi,Every once and a while almost all .exe's will either stop responding or not even open. If they open its just a white screen and task master says the program is not responding. This can be fixed by restarting my computer, but I want to know why this happens and if there is...
  5. Can't restart my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't restart my PC: I restarted my computer device one hour ago. Suddenly the background turned blue, the white dots began to spin and it wrote "Getting windows ready Don't turn off your computer"The situation is still the same after an hour. what should I do?...
  6. PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option

PC Restarts instead of shutting down when choosing "update and shut down" option: Basically title. I have had this issue forever.After installing updates I can choose between Update and Restart and Update and SHut down.But if I choose "update and shut down", the PC will install updates, then restart, install rest of the updates and be back to log-in...
  7. error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message causing my pc to shut down and restart when gaming: hi all, ive been having trouble with my pc ever since i installed my new mobo and cpu. it shuts down completely and then restarts every time I play a game, specs below. error listed aswellCPU: Ryzen 5 5600xMotherboard: Msi b550 bazookaRAM: 16 gb Corsair veangeance pro...
  8. Restart fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart fails: Hey can someone please help me.I was restarting my laptop and suddenly it pops up with windows is getting readyDo not turn off your pcBut after a very long time after an hourIt still remains stuck like that.I forced shut down it and turn it on againAnd it came to desktop.Then...
  9. Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality

Windows restarts after update - lack of professionality: I use a laptop with Windows 10 for my work, which involves mathematical computations.One such computation, which I should have finished by a set deadline, would have required four days to complete. However, after two days, Windows Update restarted the computer without asking...
  10. D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart: I have SSD of 111g and a hard disk of 930gb, it was all fine until 1.5 weeks ago my drive d started disappearing and it keeps disappearing the only way to have it back is for me to restart the laptop and, I have removed the bad sectors I have formatted it and have changed the...