Windows 10: Restart

Discus and support Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I restart my computer, ie after installing an update, it hangs at the restart screen and I have to press power button to reboot system. Any one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greshoff, Aug 26, 2015.

1. greshoff Win User

Restart

When I restart my computer, ie after installing an update, it hangs at the restart screen and I have to press power button to reboot system. Any one else had this issue?

:)

greshoff, Aug 26, 2015
  2. SLSharp Win User

Restart and restart and restart.

Same thing happened to me on my laptop. I tried 4 system restore points and still did it. I finally had to do a full system recovery and got It to start. But now when windows boots up the fan goes full blast and it gets very hot and shuts down after 10
    or 15 minutes. Very very frustrated. My computer worked perfect before the upgrade. Now its almost useless.

SLSharp, Aug 26, 2015
  3. KenPapp Win User
    Restart and restart and restart.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The system keeps on crashing. This is the message appears on the blue screen:

“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you (xx% complete)” followed by “If you'd like to know more you can search online alter for this error: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"

There is no other information. And it restarts

KenPapp, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Restart

It may be installing the update. How long are we talking about?

fracking4oil, Aug 26, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Did the same to me, this is 2nd time. I see the screen Windows is updating your computer, don't turn off, then goes to 30% then reboots to black screen, I've waited over 6 mins once, now I just turn off, turn back on, and updates finish nicely. Why?? No idea. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 26, 2015
  6. greshoff Win User
    It happens every time I press restart

greshoff, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restart

1. Restart - Similar Threads - Restart

2. Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10: Whenever we install a program on a Windows 11/10 PC, they do not get uninstalled automatically or disappear. We need to uninstall the programs manually. Some users are complaining that installed programs disappear after restarting the PC. In this guide, we show how to fix...
  3. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  4. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  5. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  7. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  8. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  10. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...