Windows 10: restart

Discus and support restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; will not do a restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart/04c4c635-c40f-48ff-b609-28b1a0398ba3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BernardCiszewski, May 25, 2020.

1. restart

will not do a restart

:)

BernardCiszewski, May 25, 2020
  2. little cat, May 25, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

restart [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

restart [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, May 25, 2020
  4. restart

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, May 25, 2020
Thema:

restart

1. restart - Similar Threads - restart

2. Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Installed programs disappear after restart on Windows 11/10: Whenever we install a program on a Windows 11/10 PC, they do not get uninstalled automatically or disappear. We need to uninstall the programs manually. Some users are complaining that installed programs disappear after restarting the PC. In this guide, we show how to fix...
  3. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  4. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  5. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  7. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  8. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  10. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...