Windows 10: Restarted computer and files are gone

Discus and support Restarted computer and files are gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently restarted my computer normally and I when it was done my wallpaper got reset to a default windows background and most of the apps I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joelbrown_477, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Restarted computer and files are gone

I recently restarted my computer normally and I when it was done my wallpaper got reset to a default windows background and most of the apps I downloaded were gone. Please help.

:)

joelbrown_477, Feb 22, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 22, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 22, 2021
  4. monim1 Win User

Restarted computer and files are gone

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Restarted computer and files are gone

1. Restarted computer and files are gone - Similar Threads - Restarted computer files

2. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Restarted, All Files Gone: HelloMy computer restarted and when it loaded, all my files were gone. Even the log in screen was different. The only files still present are the few that were in the recycle bin. Tried a System Restore from earlier in the week but did not recover the missing files. Running...
  3. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarted, All Files Gone: HelloMy computer restarted and when it loaded, all my files were gone. Even the log in screen was different. The only files still present are the few that were in the recycle bin. Tried a System Restore from earlier in the week but did not recover the missing files. Running...
  4. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. So, I just restarted my computer, and it said my files are gone. Help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So, I just restarted my computer, and it said my files are gone. Help!!: So i just restarted my pc while just not doing much. It had an orange circle and i thought that meant it was just time for a restart. I do it, when its done, i see none of my files are there. It says in a notification that i am using a “temporary account” and i don’t know...
  6. Computer restarted while I was gone and I found this..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarted while I was gone and I found this..: Went out to pick up food, came back and I was at the log in screen. Very odd, because my pc usually stays on unless I turn it off or sleep.. Does anyone have any insight for this? - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System>...
  7. Restarts and it's Gone Now!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts and it's Gone Now!: I believe I need a Windows 10 home Repair Disc. I can't get windows to boot up on my upgraded pc! I installed a new motherboard and transferred my 600W Thermaltake TR2 Power Supply Unit. It worked for a few days, now It won't allow windows to start and goes to the motherboard...
  8. Turned on computer, all files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turned on computer, all files are gone: This is a Dell desktop running Windows 10, with Malwarebytes for antivirus. I turned off last night and all was fine. This morning I turned it on and everything is changed. My background photo is gone, the tiles are rearranged, and worst of all every single file I had is...
  9. Google pinyin program gone after restart computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google pinyin program gone after restart computer: My google pinyin program is gone after restart computer everytime. I have tried to install program on computer fifth times and program is gone after restart computer every morning....
  10. App freezes and on restart, files in app gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App freezes and on restart, files in app gone: I was reading an ebook on Freda, but the app froze and I restarted the tablet. When reopening the app, all the books were gone and bookmarks missing when I readd the books. System restore did nothing. Is there a folder location that the data is saved in? It says there is...