Windows 10: Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password

Discus and support Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started my Dell desktop in safe mode then restarted it and now it does not recognize my password. Is there a simple fix for this that i don’t know?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Avalentin-424, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password

I started my Dell desktop in safe mode then restarted it and now it does not recognize my password. Is there a simple fix for this that i don’t know?

:)

Avalentin-424, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi Pedro E Cordeiro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to internet issue started?
    • Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?

I understand the inconvenience caused due to this issue, this could be due to a change in the keyboard layout. However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Change the keyboard layout.

1. In the bottom right corner of the sign in screen, select the first option to change the keyboard layout.
    2. Try to change the keyboard layout from the list if you have any and type in the password.

Method 2: Use the On screen keyboard.

1. Restart the computer. In the sign in screen, hold down the shift key and select restart from bottom right corner of your screen.
    2. After the pc is restarted, select Troubleshoot > Select
      Advanced options >Click on Startup settings >
      Now, click on Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, you should see number of options. Press F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.
    4. When you are in login screen, press Windows
      and U together on the keyboard
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    5. Now, use the cursor to type the password with On-screen keyboard.
    6. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

After you login to safe mode with networking, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.
    Let us know the results to assist you further regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password

Windows 10 in Safe Mode Doesn't Recognize Actual Password!

Hi Aaditya,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; when you start your system in Safe mode then the system will start with minimum set of driver, which are require just to start the computer. Since, you are trying to login to your computer through
    Microsoft account, it won’t accept the password because we need internet connect to login to the computer through Microsoft account. In safe mode the network driver will be disabled.

I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

To start your system in safe mode with networking, follow the below steps.

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

• Select Safe mode with networking option after system restarts and ask you for the option to select.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password

1. Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password - Similar Threads - Restarted computer safe

2. Safe mode now except my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode now except my password: For the past 6 months a window update has been cancelling Everytime.I turn my PC on this morning and get blurred screen.Go into safe mode to uninstall all the updates and bam WON'T LET ME SIGN VIA PASSWORD...
  3. Safe mode now except my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe mode now except my password: For the past 6 months a window update has been cancelling Everytime.I turn my PC on this morning and get blurred screen.Go into safe mode to uninstall all the updates and bam WON'T LET ME SIGN VIA PASSWORD...
  4. Safe mode now except my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Password not recognized booting in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not recognized booting in safe mode: Cannot boot in safe mode because password is not recognized. Changed 3 times and am able to log on a diff. computer. Have been at it for close to 7 hrs and no results. Can't get administrator command prompt. Have initiated safe mode with networking but password not...
  6. Safe Mode will not recognize password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode will not recognize password: Windows 10 I can access the safe mode screen bit on entering password I am told Password invalid. I have tried safe mode with networking and used my microsoft password without success. From Googling this problem it would that this could be a OS bug. Please can you...
  7. password not recognized in safe mode startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password not recognized in safe mode startup: Why is this not being discussed or answered by experts from the community? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-recognized-in-safe-mode-startup/10256d94-460d-44b6-91b1-07023d2b3bb7
  8. password not recognized in safe mode startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password not recognized in safe mode startup: my password & pin are not recognized when i start windows in the safe mode. they are both valid in the normal operating mode. What's causing this? Thanks, Dave Lewis...
  9. My computer doesn’t recognize my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer doesn’t recognize my password: How could Open my computer if my password is not recognized by my computer?j https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-doesnt-recognize-my-password/e0fac17f-36e4-4cfb-a601-fc3bfd414210
  10. password not recognized in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password not recognized in safe mode: I obviously know my password since I am signed in on this laptop. I am trying to troubleshoot my desktop and had to go into command prompt to even get into safe mode. I could not do it from the apps since my screen did not load correctly. Anyway, it appears I am in safe mode...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc does not recognize my windows password in safe mode