Windows 10: Restarted computer in safe mode, stick in airplane mode and cant sign onto Windows

Discus and support Restarted computer in safe mode, stick in airplane mode and cant sign onto Windows in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was troubleshooting an issue in Windows 10.1 and somehow when i was rebooting airplane mode got turned on and it won't turn off. At the windows log... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kimmie305, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Kimmie305 Win User

Restarted computer in safe mode, stick in airplane mode and cant sign onto Windows

I was troubleshooting an issue in Windows 10.1 and somehow when i was rebooting airplane mode got turned on and it won't turn off. At the windows log in screen i usually enter a PIN and it is asking for a password. i tried the Admin password and my windows password and neither is working. I presume its because i have no wireless connection. I can't use any funtions in safe mode for example command prompt as it is requiring the password. Anyone know how to overcome this issue?

:)

Kimmie305, Oct 30, 2018
  2. psyko12 Win User

Safe mode problems

System refuses to go to safe mode unless, 1. using the directory service repair mode, 2. in windows go to msconfig use diagnostic startup and then boot back and choose normal safe mode.

Other than that, when not using two statements above, when safe mode is used it restarts the computer, Is there a software/driver conflict? Or maybe disabled a used service so windows doesn't want to go to normal safe mode? Any help is welcome, *Bang Head :banghead:

Thanks in advance

psyko12, Oct 30, 2018
  3. airplane mode

Hi Josette,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's airplane mode can occur due to several reasons, such as corrupted system files. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? When did the issue start?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Is the option to turn off airplane mode grayed out?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Restarted computer in safe mode, stick in airplane mode and cant sign onto Windows

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Restarted computer in safe mode, stick in airplane mode and cant sign onto Windows

1. Restarted computer in safe mode, stick in airplane mode and cant sign onto Windows - Similar Threads - Restarted computer safe

2. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  3. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  4. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Airplane mode cannot be disabled in windows 10, safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Airplane mode cannot be disabled in windows 10, safe mode: Hi everyone Suddenly, with no reason, my bluetooth button has gone away. I started my machine Intel NUC5i5RYK in safe mode. I forgot my account password. I changed my password using another machine. However it didn't help at all because my first machine is in Airplane...
  6. can not sign into computer in safe mode .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can not sign into computer in safe mode .: after running AMD disk utility say incorrect password . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-sign-into-computer-in-safe-mode/7a6e6d43-76c4-4b0f-81ae-3cc045391fdb
  7. Airplane mode and safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Airplane mode and safe mode: I am stuck. I inadvertently have my lap top in safe mode and airplane mode simultaneously . I cant work in safe mode because airplane mode seems not to allow me in with my typed password , saying incorrect password and nothing more, and I cant get out of airplane mode because...
  8. Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt

Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt: Win 10 ver 1803(os Build 17134.1) on HP Envy x360 M6 Specs https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05315774 I made an inadvertent error. I was running a rootkit scan in safemode and rebooted; without remembering that I was on Airplane mode and I am preset to login with a...
  9. Safe mode sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode sign in: I used msconfig in Windows 10 to boot in safe mode, but now it doesn't recognize my password. I rebooted, but ended up in the same spot, so I think I'm stuck, unless I can reboot normally. I don't know if I can open msconfig to change the boot settings at this point. Thank...
  10. computer in airplane mode

computer in airplane mode: stuck in airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-in-airplane-mode/8ecf36f5-a59e-400d-9c41-c0b69130c073

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Computer in airplane mode in safe mode

2. safe mode doesnt recognise pw in airplane mode