Windows 10: Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

Discus and support Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure what update it was, but I told it to go ahead and restart...but it never came back on after the restart. My computer turns on and off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristinaJames1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

I'm not sure what update it was, but I told it to go ahead and restart...but it never came back on after the restart. My computer turns on and off repeatedly, I cannot start it in safe mode, I cannot do anything...it just turns on and off over and over every few seconds. Blank monitor, it's only on for a few seconds...What can I do?

:)

ChristinaJames1, Jun 23, 2020
  2. techguy31 Win User

Computer Turning On & Off

So my motherboard is acting up when I plug a keyboard or mouse in the backside of the motherboard io. It could be plugged into any of the USB and the computer will turn on and off. Funny thing is, if I plug it after it boots up in the back io, the computer is fine, but if I restart the computer or turn it off, it will turn on and off again. Now, if I plug the keyboard or mouse in the front io, the computer wont act up.
    So my question is why does it do that. I just updated to latest bios and installed the USB 3.0 drivers, but am unable to install choose driver. What's the deal with my computer. Any help would be appreciated.
    My build
    Mobo: Asus maximus impact vi
    CPU: 4770k

techguy31, Jun 23, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

1. Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously - Similar Threads - Restarted computer install

2. Windows 11 - Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. Continuous loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. Continuous loop: Hi My sons Asus Zenbook Flip has for over 4 hrs been showing the black Asus in search of incredible loading screen with the messages Restarting, Updates are underway. Do not turn off computer . I've seen 35% flash on the screen but it's obviously stuck in a fault loop. I have...
  3. Windows 11 - Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. Continuous loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Updates are underway do not turn off your computer. Restarting. Continuous loop: Hi My sons Asus Zenbook Flip has for over 4 hrs been showing the black Asus in search of incredible loading screen with the messages Restarting, Updates are underway. Do not turn off computer . I've seen 35% flash on the screen but it's obviously stuck in a fault loop. I have...
  4. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  5. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  6. Computer Continues to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Continues to Restart: My laptop will not go into Safe Mode and keeps giving errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-continues-to-restart/3568d217-6832-46e2-9b01-c7b3f46dd6ac
  7. Computer in Continual Restart after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer in Continual Restart after update: One of my computers received the May 2004 update over the weekend. When I woke it up, there was a message that the computer needed to restart. Should I restart it now or later. Foolishly, i said OK to the restart now. Now the blue screen saying "Restarting" has been on for...
  8. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat: I accidentally turned off my pc when it was updating and now my computer is stuck turning on, quickly says reverting changes then restarts. I am unsure of what to do....
  9. Computer turn off while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer turn off while updating: Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc...
  10. After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart: Hi, everyone. Alexis is here. CPU Inter Core i3 2310M @ 2.10GHz Motherboard Lenovo emerald Lake Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor Intel HD Graphics 3000 (lenovo) 1023 MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M (lenovo) BIOS (brand lenovo) Version 44CN28WW Date 2/22/2011 I've...