Windows 10: Restarted my laptop and a new account was made

Discus and support Restarted my laptop and a new account was made in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had to force shutdown my laptop after 15 to 20 minutes of the screen freezing. After opening it, I had to restart it as per an app's request. After... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ahlz, May 20, 2020.

1. Ahlz Win User

Restarted my laptop and a new account was made

I had to force shutdown my laptop after 15 to 20 minutes of the screen freezing. After opening it, I had to restart it as per an app's request. After restarting the laptop, I saw an user named Administrator was created.

I logged in to this Admin account it said sign in, no passwords required and it showed this introduction of when you make a new user. I unchecked all boxes and proceeded. I tried to see if I can somehow remove or delete the account. I logged out and signed in my default account which is also the main Administrator account. I went to user settings and it didn't showed the other account at all.

However when I tried to do it on the mystery admin account, it showed my main account and the remove options was available.

I searched a bunch of solutions but it didn't helped. I tried going to control panel to manage users and the 2 accounts are showing but I still had no option to remove or delete the 2nd account.

I also tried the NETPLWIZ on Run and it showed me 2 profiles. When I tried to remove the mystery Admin account, a pop up says "removing pcname/admin...." and got confused because I wasn't deleting MY account, I had the ADMINSTATOR account selected but it still says that I'm attempting to remove my main acc. I also clicked the properties on the mystery admin acc and it said in the description "built in account for administering the computer/domain"

Please help. I don't want this user on my laptop. I'm also scared of what might have caused this.

Thank you.

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 20, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 20, 2020
  4. Restarted my laptop and a new account was made

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Restarted my laptop and a new account was made

1. Restarted my laptop and a new account was made - Similar Threads - Restarted laptop account

2. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows: I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked...
  3. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows: I made an install boot usb. Used it. Had no internet on load because I had to install motherboard drivers after so windows forced me to make an account. After I connected I tried to log into my Microsoft account to activate windows. After I used my authentication app it asked...
  4. Made a new PC. Can't log in to my account or active windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can i reopen my account if i made a new account with the same gmail?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can i reopen my account if i made a new account with the same gmail?: so i got my windows 10 computer hijacked but i know why so i already got it situated. the person who hijacked my stuff deleted my microsoft account so they could put their stuff as administrator and remove me from all types of access. however, now that i googled it after...
  6. Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer: I tried to recover windows of my lenovo ideapad 3 with windows 11. I chose the option of not keeping files. In the process, while reseting, I got the message "undoing the changes", I realized that Windows tried to go back but already deleted the user's files and did not...
  7. Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer: I tried to recover windows of my lenovo ideapad 3 with windows 11. I chose the option of not keeping files. In the process, while reseting, I got the message "undoing the changes", I realized that Windows tried to go back but already deleted the user's files and did not...
  8. Signing in my account on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing in my account on new laptop: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop, the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series. The sellers opened the laptop to set up some of the software. When I got back a local account was already made. When I try signing in to my account, the first two steps go well. However, in the...
  9. my new laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my new laptop keeps restarting: i just bought a new hp laptop and it keeps restarting. it had trouble right off the bat when doing the initial setup. it crashed a bunnh then finally worked but it keeps saying theres been a problem and restarting....
  10. I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...: Hello, Two days ago I made a modification to my Lenovo yoga computer because the Start was not working. I followed a youtube video, and after I changed it, my computer restarted. I expected everything to be normal, but it was not. My computer had switched to airplane mode...