Windows 10: Restarted my Laptop and had to verify my email and change my password?

Discus and support Restarted my Laptop and had to verify my email and change my password? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure what happened. I did my daily restart on my laptop and then I looked away and for some reason, I needed to send a code from my email and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VideoSwitch10, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Restarted my Laptop and had to verify my email and change my password?

Not sure what happened. I did my daily restart on my laptop and then I looked away and for some reason, I needed to send a code from my email and change my password. Is this that May update that I heard about (It's June 2nd so I don't know)?

submitted by /u/VideoSwitch10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VideoSwitch10, Jun 2, 2020

2. Can't Verify my account & changing email

Hello Bojan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If you are not receiving the verification code, you can try to verify your account through the online account validation process.

Please go to (Reset your password)
    and follow the steps below:

• Enter your Microsoft account and type in the characters you'll see in the pictures and click on Next.
    • Click "I can’t use any of these options".
    • Enter a working email address where we can contact you and click on Next.
    • Fill-up the form and click “Submit”.

In this method, you will be asked to provide a contact email where a link will be sent after you validated your account. I suggest that you provide a working email for you to receive the password reset link.

Also, to answer to your second question, please be informed that you cannot change the Windows Live Id of your Microsoft Account. However, you can add an alias email address to it. Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to the
      Manage your account aliases
      page.
    • Select Add email alias .
    • Follow the instructions to create a new Outlook.com email, or add any address that isn’t already a Microsoft account.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Jun 2, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

Restarted my Laptop and had to verify my email and change my password?

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Restarted my Laptop and had to verify my email and change my password?

1. Restarted my Laptop and had to verify my email and change my password? - Similar Threads - Restarted Laptop verify

2. Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email: So I got several emails in my main section "updates" on Gmail.First it was password change, then verify code to the email, and then it changed the name of my account to a different one, instead of gmail, it was "icloud.com", no clue what icloud even is...So several things...
  3. Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails that claims to change password and name + one verify email: So I got several emails in my main section "updates" on Gmail.First it was password change, then verify code to the email, and then it changed the name of my account to a different one, instead of gmail, it was "icloud.com", no clue what icloud even is...So several things...
  4. I had forgotten my password for my windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I had forgotten my password for my windows 10 laptop.: I have changed the password. At the log in page I enter my new password and it is accepted. I then get a page which says you need to create a PIN. When I click on this option I get the message "Something went wrong, we can't create a pin right now"I check the options , one is...
  5. I had forgotten my password for my windows 10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had forgotten my password for my windows 10 laptop.: I have changed the password. At the log in page I enter my new password and it is accepted. I then get a page which says you need to create a PIN. When I click on this option I get the message "Something went wrong, we can't create a pin right now"I check the options , one is...
  6. Cannot verify email to change lost password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot verify email to change lost password.: I sign into my computer through an email that I created when I first got the computer with the respective pin I made for it. I do not remember the password, and I cannot change it because to change the password you have to have an inbox set up with that email. I never used...
  7. cannot verify my email

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot verify my email: I tried couple of times veryfing my email. I typed the code that they gave me but everytime when I enter everything in result i get that my email wasnt veryfied. It says something like "This email address couldn't be verified because the wrong Microsoft account may have been...
  8. cannot remember password my phone#and email aare not changed on my lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot remember password my phone#and email aare not changed on my lenovo laptop: i cannot reset my password on my lenovo laptop . my email and phone number are changed it tells me to sign in but i cant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remember-password-my-phoneand-email-aare/9fb3fe01-f5f5-4f35-b63f-76e24180e4a7
  9. the email in my verify account is not my email and has been changed, system will not allow...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the email in my verify account is not my email and has been changed, system will not allow...: On my Microsoft verify info, my email has been changed to an email address which is not mine of my families. I get an error message not allowing me to change the email for 30 days but my account is high jacked at this point...
  10. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?: My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this...