Windows 10: Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

Discus and support Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11 using Installation Assistant and it was stuck on 88% so I restarted my pc. I want to know would it harm my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WindowsUser52, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

I was upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11 using Installation Assistant and it was stuck on 88% so I restarted my pc. I want to know would it harm my device ???

:)

WindowsUser52, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 10, 2021
  3. little cat, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

Can't upload photos with IE 11 and Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

I would suggest you to turn off and turn on Internet Explorer 11 and check

To turn off and turn on Internet Explorer 11 follow the steps given below

• Click the Start button,
    • click Control Panel, click Programs and Features,
    • And then click Turn Windows features on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Clear the check box for Internet Explorer 11 to turn it off, and then click
      Yes.
    • Click OK and, when prompted, restart your PC.

Once the computer restarts, follow steps 1-3 again from the above mentioned steps
    and check the check box for Internet explorer to turn it on and then click
    ” Yes” and Click OK ,when prompted restart the computer. And check if issue persists.

Please reply us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

1. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11 - Similar Threads - Restarted middle upgrading

2. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  3. Laptop restarting in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarting in the middle of a game: So recently I've been having a issue where my computer in the middle of a game just decides to restart. Then when it restarts and I try to reopen the game, not even a few minutes after opening it. It restarts again. I checked the error log thing and it says "Miniport...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps restarting: When upgrading my windows 10 to 11, the download gets to 100% then automatically goes back to 1% again. I've tried severally with very stable internet, tried all troubleshooting I could read on the windows website all to no avail. Even tried manual installation without...
  5. My pc is upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is upgrading to windows 11: When I clicked on check for updates from settings my current windows is 10, version 21H2, there was an upgrade to windows 11. Now my pc's cpu is incompatible. So why is there a windows 11 upgrade? Please help me......
  6. My pc is upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is upgrading to windows 11: When I clicked on check for updates from settings my current windows is 10, version 21H2, there was an upgrade to windows 11. Now my pc's cpu is incompatible. So why is there a windows 11 upgrade? Please help me......
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade - Restarting for ever...: Hi,I got my brand new Acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 yesterday. Today the system recommended to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did. The upgrade completed 100% and then the laptop restarted.... and has been doing so since for more than an hour without any progress / result! It...
  8. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11: I was upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11 using Installation Assistant and it was stuck on 88% so I restarted my pc. I want to know would it harm my device ???...
  9. Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarted my pc in middle of upgrading to windows 11: I was upgrading my windows 10 to windows 11 using Installation Assistant and it was stuck on 88% so I restarted my pc. I want to know would it harm my device ???...
  10. My new PC restarts in the middle of installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My new PC restarts in the middle of installing Windows 10: Build: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with stock Wraith Prism fan ASRock B450m Pro4 Samsung 970 Evo 500gb SSD Western Digital Blue 3TB HDD 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM MSI Geforce GTX 1660 super ventus xs oc Seasonic FOCUS GX-750 PSU This is my first build of any kind and...