Windows 10: Restarted pc resulting in not being able to log in. Performed system restores, several...

Discus and support Restarted pc resulting in not being able to log in. Performed system restores, several... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wookie42069 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wookie42069, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Restarted pc resulting in not being able to log in. Performed system restores, several...

/u/Wookie42069, Jun 22, 2020

2. Cannot perform a system restore

Hi Cecil,

For us to better assist you with the issue on system restore, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you've performed System restore? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10, Will not restart after System Restore.

Hi Michael,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to perform a Power drain by following the steps provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.

If the issue still persists,

Check if the system boots to Safe mode using the ISO by following the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer. (If you’re not seeing this screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to boot from media,
      and then try again.)
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select 5 or F5 to restart you PC in Safe Mode with Networking. If your PC won’t start in Safe Mode with Networking, try steps 2-4 again, and then, after your PC restarts, select 3 or F3 to
      Enable low-resolution video.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Restarted pc resulting in not being able to log in. Performed system restores, several...

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Restarted pc resulting in not being able to log in. Performed system restores, several...

1. Restarted pc resulting in not being able to log in. Performed system restores, several... - Similar Threads - Restarted resulting being

2. System restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore points not being created: I've recently had to check what system restore points were available on some of my PC's Windows 10 & 11I'm concerned that although I have system protection enabled on all the drives, only the latest system restore point is present; I dont want to allocate a LOT of space as my...
  3. System restore points not being created

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points not being created: I've recently had to check what system restore points were available on some of my PC's Windows 10 & 11I'm concerned that although I have system protection enabled on all the drives, only the latest system restore point is present; I dont want to allocate a LOT of space as my...
  4. Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.: I did a system restart a while earlier and now my applications have this default look, nothing in my computer is broken, but it's a bit jarring.help me fix this....
  5. Frequent freezes results into several restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent freezes results into several restarts: Hi. My PC Specs are: Windows 10 Pro 64- Bit / IntelCore i7-7800X @ 3.5Ghz / 32GB RAM / GTX 1070Ti. The event log below summarized errors of freezing i am having resulting in frequent freezes and restarts. https://file.io/ItJnCs6iMDNf. I need clarifications...
  6. Not being able to log into account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not being able to log into account: I was trying to log into my computer today and it worked the first time but when i tried to restart it it said “you cant sign in with this account. Try a different account”. That is my only account. I dont have admin on it either. I have tryed booting into safe mode but that...
  7. How can I perform a system restore on a hacked pc?

How can I perform a system restore on a hacked pc?: So I tried to install something for a game. It came as an exe file and I tried to open it and as soon as I know it something was asking for admin access or something like that and it popped up in my notifications. I tried performing a system restore but it had an error and...
  8. Perform Windows 10 System Restore

Perform Windows 10 System Restore: Perform Windows 10 system restore using Windows Recovery Environment: 1. Shut Down the PC. 2. Press and Hold the Shift key and press the Power Button. 3. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the "Choose an option" screen opens. 4....
  9. Error Performing System Restore 0x81000204

Error Performing System Restore 0x81000204: I recently wanted to perform a system restore to set my computer back to before select changes were made to it. However, upon trying to restore the pc it kept coming up with the above error no matter what date I tried. Trying to run a system restore in safe mode did not help....
  10. System randomly restarts while PC being used

System randomly restarts while PC being used: The error messages shown in the system event viewer is as follows: 1) The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (PC-DESK) has initiated the restart of computer PC-DESK on behalf of user PC-DESK\PC Desk for the following reason: Other (Unplanned) Reason Code: 0x0...