Windows 10: Restarted while doing a factory reset

Discus and support Restarted while doing a factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So while i was doing a factory reseted i restarted the pc because i wanted to cancel but it didn’t then after it restarted it gave me me a error saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Help33343, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Help33343 Win User

Restarted while doing a factory reset

So while i was doing a factory reseted i restarted the pc because i wanted to cancel but it didn’t then after it restarted it gave me me a error saying pls install an operating system in hard disk and hard disk (3FO) and i have a windows 10 latop

:)

Help33343, Sep 29, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 29, 2018
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Restarted while doing a factory reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Restarted while doing a factory reset

1. Restarted while doing a factory reset - Similar Threads - Restarted while doing

2. Factory reset while locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset while locked out: I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I have tried to go through troubleshooting and the option for reset pc is not an option I have. What do I do from here?...
  3. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  4. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  5. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. No signal while full factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal while full factory reset: So i decided to factory reset my computer after getting some malware downloaded, i decided to di a full wipe on my windows 11, and i chose the cloud windows download, the process took long time and at around 60% i decided to go to sleep so i remove the usb from my mouse and...
  7. PC stuck While Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck While Factory Resetting: My Windows 10 Laptop has been stuck in a State Of the Asus Logo start up and then restarting. This happened when I Followed One Of your tips when my Percentage was stuck at 89 for 10 minutes straight. It was the hold down power button method. How do I fix this?...
  8. Windows 10 doing a "factory reset" when I restart it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doing a "factory reset" when I restart it: I left my computer running last night and when I got back to it the next morning, the screen was completely white. I couldn't do anything so I turned it off with the button on the keyboard. When I turned it on again and logged it, it said that there was trouble logging in and...
  9. Laptop stuck while factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck while factory resetting: I'm reseting my laptop but its stuck rotating between 3 different screens, the progress screen, HP loading screen, and a welcome loading screen. Its been like this for at least 6 hours and I'm not sure whether I should just wait or find another solution. submitted by...
  10. Acer won't restart I can't do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer won't restart I can't do a factory reset: Every time I try to do a reset it just says it can't. My husband installed a game from the Microsoft store on it and said he had to go into the root files to delete it. Now I can't open the Microsoft store, do a factory reset, open the regular apps like calculator or excel....