Windows 10: Restarting after some idle minutes

Discus and support Restarting after some idle minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hugo8RE, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Hugo8RE Win User

Restarting after some idle minutes

Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10.

I ran WinDbg and this is my log:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a timeArg2: ffff84055f7a0120, Physical Device Object of the stackArg3: ffffb8054083f750, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stackArg4: ffff84056387b920, The blocked IRPDebugging Details:------------------Implicit thread is now ffff8405`5d281040BUGCHECK_CODE: 9fBUGCHECK_P1: 3BUGCHECK_P2: ffff84055f7a0120BUGCHECK_P3: ffffb8054083f750BUGCHECK_P4: ffff84056387b920PROCESS_NAME: SystemSYMBOL_NAME: wsddntf+4a91MODULE_NAME: wsddntfIMAGE_NAME: wsddntf.sysFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_wsddntf!unknown_functionFAILURE_ID_HASH: {8bd8b0e6-af89-a047-261c-3bc61d40c5a7}Followup: MachineOwner---------What should I do?

:)

Hugo8RE, Aug 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 restarts on idle after 10 minutes

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

We regret to know the issue you are facing. We will be glad to assist you further.

This issue might be due to incorrect power settings or corrupted power files in your system. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run power troubleshooter which will tell you if there is something wrong with the power settings.

Follow these steps to run power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Power troubleshooter.

Step 2:
    I suggest you to reset and restore all
    of the default Power Plans back to their default settings.

Follow the steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
    ENTER.

4. At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer and check with the issue.

Step 3: Create a new Power plan and check if it helps. Follow the steps from the below link:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well. Some of the Starting steps may differ in Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Fcis_M Win User

Task scheduler On Idle task not triggered Windows 7

Windows 10: I've just tested on windows 10 and set the task idle time to be 5 mins, but it
    still triggered after 4 mins only, I've manually timed it 3 times and always triggers after 4 mins not 5 mins, any idea why?

Windows 7: Isn't the task triggered because Windows 7 does not admire the 4 minute idle timer as
    according to Microsoft Windows 7 checks if the system is idle every 15 minutes? if so then shouldn't it work if the task idle time is set to 20 mins for example?

UPDATE : I just tested it and manually timed it twice on my Windows 7 machine and it always triggers after 15 mins of Idle time even if I am setting the Idle task to 20 mins. Also my
    application doesn't start although the task is triggered but instead of my application running a screensaver starts running although I am setting screensaver to off on my machine. Any explanations or advice please?

WMI suggestion: Could you advise with the steps step by step to follow to do you WMI suggestion
    please?

Fcis_M, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Restarting after some idle minutes - Similar Threads - Restarting idle minutes

2. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage after some idle minutes: I noticed that when I stop using mouse and keyboard, after minutes my CPU usage rises from ~3% to 50%, 8 out of 16 logic processors are running at full frequency. But once I move mouse or press key, CPU usage will drop to normal within ~3 seconds.I try to find which process...
  3. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage after some idle minutes: I noticed that when I stop using mouse and keyboard, after minutes my CPU usage rises from ~3% to 50%, 8 out of 16 logic processors are running at full frequency. But once I move mouse or press key, CPU usage will drop to normal within ~3 seconds.I try to find which process...
  4. High CPU usage after some idle minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restarting after a some idle minutes

Restarting after a some idle minutes: Computer restarts after some minutes. Sometimes it will only go back on after holding the power button for a while. PC model: Surface Laptop 2. Windows 10. I ran WinDbg and this is my log: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a...
  6. Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle: I have a great computer, Core i7-6700k with a rx580, 16gb RAM, and a 1.8tb with 250gb ssd(ssd is almost full, HD is not.), but, sometimes random applications will go black after not using them for a little bit, is this a setting I can turn off? submitted by /u/ElementArrow...
  7. Microsoft.Photos.exe causing windows 10 to restart after idle for 4 minutes?

Microsoft.Photos.exe causing windows 10 to restart after idle for 4 minutes?: It has taken me 4 days to troubleshoot this. After 4 minutes to 4 minutes & 15 seconds of idle time my PC just restarts. I have power options for turning off monitors & disc drives to never. Even changed power options to another selection. I have gone through scheduled...
  8. How to restart Chrome after PC is idle for several minutes

in Browsers and Email
    How to restart Chrome after PC is idle for several minutes: I am trying to create a kiosk like experience with a win 10 touchscreen PC, where after X# of minutes, it will close and restart Chrome, so that any open tabs will close, and Chrome will open to the default home page. So the effect would be a screensaver starts after X...
  9. BSoD's after 10 minutes idle

BSoD's after 10 minutes idle: This has been going on for about a month. After ten minutes idle, I get a random blue screen. 8 passes of memtest yielded no errors. How many of the 42 .dmp files should I send and how should I send them? Thanks in advance 88850
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...