Windows 10: Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

Discus and support Restarting but showing as update and shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, everytime i click on update and shutdown, it is updating and restarting automatically. Can anyone explain why it is restarting everytime?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saikaushik1, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

Hello,

everytime i click on update and shutdown, it is updating and restarting automatically. Can anyone explain why it is restarting everytime?

:)

saikaushik1, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Midnite8 Win User

Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

Hey guys, I am having this problem where I cannot Restart or Shutdown unless I just do a hard shutdown. I refreshed my computer and slowly installed updates while creating restore points before installing. After the second set of updates everything seemed ok but after a few, the problem showed up again. I tried to do a System Restore but it fails because I cannot Restart to complete the process.

Midnite8, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

First update pack was successful and I can shutdown and restart normally.

Midnite8, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

little cat, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

1. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown - Similar Threads - Restarting showing update

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  5. Windows Update restart vs. shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update restart vs. shutdown: Every week or so, Microsoft wants me to update my Surface book 3 with the latest windows update. Fine, i get that. What i do not understand is it can somehow only install on a restart. When i click start , power, it shows 'update and restart', but not update and shutdown...
  6. Windows 10 Showing "Update and Shutdown" and "Update and Restart" in Start.

Windows 10 Showing "Update and Shutdown" and "Update and Restart" in Start.: I have updated my Windows 10 Today. Now, My windows 10 is always showing "update and shutdown" and "update and restart" in power menu. When you select any of them, windows would restart or shutdown much slower, but no updates would be installed. When system is on again, those...
  7. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart

Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart: Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart Versions: 1803, 1809, 1903 I get updates from wsus Some time ago this function worked fine until now. Please help...
  10. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...