Windows 10: Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays...

Discus and support Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has happened 3 times now, trying to install this latest update. I download/install them via Settings>Windows Update. Windows Update prompts me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by squill89, Jan 9, 2021.

1. squill89 Win User

Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays...

This has happened 3 times now, trying to install this latest update.

I download/install them via Settings>Windows Update. Windows Update prompts me to restart my computer to complete the updates, so I do, and when It reboots, my displays turn off, but the computer itself is on. I have no other option but to hold down the power button on my computer tower to shut it off. When I turn it back on, It starts but either says "the updates didn't finish installing" or when I go to Windows Update in Settings, It shows the update as available as if it didn't install at all.

Why does this happen? How am I supposed to update windows?

:)

squill89, Jan 9, 2021

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

ok, here goes for me explaining everything I did.
    quibit, I ran mr. fixit and then went to the second link. after going to the second link and done with it, is said I had 18 updates that were critical to install.
    then jsfitz54, I went to intel and downloaded the update, and the ran mr. fixit again. before I went to restart the computer I checked for updates and the green shield was up saying it was all good.
    So I restarted the computer, while restarting it did not attempt to install any updates. after restarting the computer I had the same no updates except for one about
    Internet explorer 10. I ran that and it failed and now it is saying that I have 18 critical updates to install again. It sounds like to me that they have installed but Windows keeps thinking they aren't. Feel like I am in a whirlpool here. lol
    so when I restarted the computer there were no critical updates needed, do I just go ahead and tell update manager not to display the updates again?

autigerfan, Jan 9, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays...

1. Restarting computer after Windows Update is downloaded/installed results in displays... - Similar Threads - Restarting computer Update

2. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  3. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  4. Computer restarts to download Windows 11, but does not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts to download Windows 11, but does not install: I went to install W11, my computer meets all the hard/software requirements and such. There's a button in the "Windows Update" portion on the settings that I click on to restart to install Windows 11. My PC restarts, but it just restarts normally in W10, no error code or...
  5. Computer restarts to download Windows 11, but does not install

Computer restarts to download Windows 11, but does not install: I went to install W11, my computer meets all the hard/software requirements and such. There's a button in the "Windows Update" portion on the settings that I click on to restart to install Windows 11. My PC restarts, but it just restarts normally in W10, no error code or...
  6. Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update

Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update: I own an Asus laptop, which is not used very often.This evening I decided to start it and update it.Windows Update shows the following message, which is related to Windows Updates NOT Windows Security: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.". It also...
  7. Windows update will not install after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update will not install after restart: This morning I woke up ready to play some games with some of my buddies, when I realized there was a minor security update I needed to do to play. I did the usual and went to settings and the update page. I hit restart as always and it booted down and started counting how...
  8. Computer will not restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not restart after update: After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can...
  9. no settings display or internet after restart computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no settings display or internet after restart computer: I have recently bought a new odys winbook 13, with windows 10 … after a month when I watched Netflix or youtube, the computer would freeze and make a buzz sound... so I was recommended to restart now my display settings does not appear , on my desktop are two folders :...
  10. Restart computer after download and install of windows 10 1709 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart computer after download and install of windows 10 1709 update: I have a Acer Aspire M3450-UR30P and I am running Windows 10 1703 with every cumulative update and every other update applied. My system runs great with one exception. I can restart from windows and it has no problems restarting and booting up to my windows. I can shut down...