Windows 10: Restarting Hangs When Loading, Must Turn Off/On CPU To Get To Desktop

Discus and support Restarting Hangs When Loading, Must Turn Off/On CPU To Get To Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It's been difficult, but I'll spare you the gory details. Problem I'm facing is that when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ARNK, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ARNK Win User

Restarting Hangs When Loading, Must Turn Off/On CPU To Get To Desktop

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It's been difficult, but I'll spare you the gory details. Problem I'm facing is that when I go to Shutdown > Restart, every time the computer loads the screen gets stuck on the spinning dots, I can never get back to my desktop home screen. However, if I turn off or Shutdown my computer & restart it, it loads my desktop as expected - and if the desktop isn't frozen for whatever reason - I can carry on with my business.

As you can imagine that's quite frustrating considering it's probably not good for the hardware to Shutdown completely and turn off/on the computer every day (or multiple times per day) as opposed to a normal soft restart. I'm using a new drive, as far as installed applications are concerned we're talking bare-bones. This began as soon as I was able to get the update to complete.

Any idea on Earth why this might be happening? Looking for any direction here, most appreciated.

:)

2. memeTU Win User

automatic updates

i would like to turn off automatic windows updates restarting. it appears i cant Restarting Hangs When Loading, Must Turn Off/On CPU To Get To Desktop :( when my pc does restart and loads the desktop a notification comes on saying to restart the pc for updates. it just did restart!! what is the problem? can anyone tell me
    how i can turn off automatic restart?

memeTU, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Micmb Win User
    Windows 10 hangs after logging in. Restart/Shutdown hang must be powered off

Well, came back from a 2 week vacation and turned on the computer. When it started, same issue: everything hangs so evidently has nothing to do with heat.

I also notice that when I bring up task manager (which immediately hangs with no updates to any of the windows), "System Interrupts" is *always* at the top of the list. Still, all the processes show 0% cpu with no updates to the window. Have no choice but
    to power off the computer and hope of the best on a restart. Eventually it will work for some reason after several failures (processes are hung). System shutdown or restart will always hang when the computer is in this state.

Anyone?

Micmb, Aug 27, 2016
  4. ARNK Win User

Thema:

1. Restarting Hangs When Loading, Must Turn Off/On CPU To Get To Desktop - Similar Threads - Restarting Hangs Loading

2. Laptop dosen't restart when Charing is turned Off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop dosen't restart when Charing is turned Off.: To,Microsoft Community. Hey this is Gavin Mathos. Using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Laptop. I am facing issue while restarting as follows:→ When My Laptop is charing, I try to restart My Laptop, It restarts properly. → When My Laptop charging is turned off & i try to restart...
  3. When I turn off my laptop it restarts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I turn off my laptop it restarts.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer it immediately starts again, like a restart. Can someone explain to me why does it happen? If I should worry? and, how to fix it?...
  4. Restart when Turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart when Turning off: Hey y’all , idk nothing sadly about it but it’s happen to me a lot . I just press shutdown and it’s just restarting without saying anything. Now I only want to know why . My friend and I use the same settings and power option but it’s just for me and it’s Randomly which mean...
  5. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  6. Media Streaming Turns off when i restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming Turns off when i restart: Hi All. When i reboot my PC Media Streaming is turned off. How do I keep it on? The service is set to automatic, WMP is enabled. When I turn Media Streaming manually, from the Network and Sharing Center, it works perfectly, allowing me to stream content from my Win 10 PC to...
  7. Pc turns off but not on again when restarting

Pc turns off but not on again when restarting: I have tried to restart the pc several times and when you click restart, it powers down completely and does not turn back on. I am trying to clear my C drive and this requires me to do a restart, which fails as it turns off every time. Any help would be much appreciated...
  8. PC Turning off when booting to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Turning off when booting to desktop: Hi so i recently built this pc and had many problems installing windows, managed to install windows 8.1 after many failed attempts and now we're stuck on booting to SOMETIMES the desktop and maybe after 5-40 seconds pc will turn off and black display. I've tried startup...
  9. When I restart pc it turns off

When I restart pc it turns off: When I restart my pc it turns off but all the lights and fans are still on. When i shut it down it down it works perfectly fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-restart-pc-it-turns-off/79c267bb-44f8-4ec3-804a-80ff1f06cd2f
  10. Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not: Toshiba laptop, running W10 Home, Anniv. I'm getting a mesage that Bitdefender AV is turned off, when it is, in fact, up and running. Just a fluke, or what? Thanks in advance for your input....Ed 78393