Windows 10: Restarting in a loop everytime I try to update driver.

Discus and support Restarting in a loop everytime I try to update driver. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Mine is hp omen 15 2020 version laptop. Recently it crashed with a black screen randomly while I was watching videos. And even my laptop display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruppy77, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Ruppy77 Win User

Restarting in a loop everytime I try to update driver.

Mine is hp omen 15 2020 version laptop.

Recently it crashed with a black screen randomly while I was watching videos. And even my laptop display wasnt working , so I had to connect it to an external display with hdmi cable.

I tried restarting and it didnt work, then I tried startup repair

Startup recovery and everything

Then I finally reset the whole laptop.

And when the windows was getting installed locally, it crashed with a blue screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem" and GAVE AN ERROR CODE "ATIKMDAG.SYS FAILED"

I then searched it up on google and found that it was related to corrupted drivers, so I installed windows cleanly using microsoft media creation tool, and it installed correctly.

But the display on my laptop still isnt working. My laptop is 6-7 months old and I didnt find even a single crack or anything on the display panel, i even clean regularly.

Now I installed any new updates windows hasstill using hdmi cable but I had one error while installing an update saying error code, and when I checked it, it still lead to driver failure or corruption, so I deleted "atikmdag.sys file " then it seemed to work fine but....

It still randomly restarted whenever I tried to install the remaining windows updates so I went into "Device manager", then I saw an exclamation symbol on "Microsoft display adapter" so I tried to update those drivers, but the laptop still restarts whenever I try to update it.

Thank you to whoever sees this and tries to help me.

:)

Ruppy77, Apr 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 restart loop after recent update

Hi Ninmayah,

To resolve your concern about the unending restart loop, we suggest that you follow the

steps
    provided by Eeshwar Kumar.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Restart Loop

Hi Pablo,

This issue might occur if the drivers are outdated. To resolve your issue, we suggest you to run the Network troubleshooter and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• On the search bar type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Click on Network Adapter and run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Furthermore, we also suggest you to update the network adapter drivers. Kindly refer to this

article
    on how to Update drivers in Windows 10.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Restarting in a loop everytime I try to update driver.

Windows 10 restart loop

Hi,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa from the link provided below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Restart loop

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Restarting in a loop everytime I try to update driver.

1. Restarting in a loop everytime I try to update driver. - Similar Threads - Restarting loop everytime

2. Updates are underway, restart, loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates are underway, restart, loop: Hi,I have a surface laptop 2 with windows 11 that started to perform updates after a blue screen of death message. It’s now in an endless loop of the windows logo, then a screen with “updates are underway, please keep your computer on” and after a few seconds it changes to...
  3. Windows stuck in restart loop whilst trying to update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in restart loop whilst trying to update?: My Windows is stuck in a restart loop where it would start an update on every boot up and display "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer" followed by a restart. This will happen for around 10 loops before letting me into my login...
  4. Windows stuck in restart loop whilst trying to update?

Windows stuck in restart loop whilst trying to update?: My Windows is stuck in a restart loop where it would start an update on every boot up and display "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer" followed by a restart. This will happen for around 10 loops before letting me into my login...
  5. Windows stuck in restart loop whilst trying to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows update restart loop

windows update restart loop: Hello.upon attempting to download the latest windows update once i'm prompted to restart for the update to get installed,the pc starts looping between the lenovo bootscreen and a "getting windows ready,please do not turn off" messsage before the sign in screen,it's the first...
  7. Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel driver updating loop. Windows reinstall an old version everytime.: The intel assistant says there is a more advanced driver update. I install it. After two days, windows reinstalls an older version of the driver, more than a year old.This has happened over and over for MONTHS. I have tried by removing all driver versions to get it back to...
  8. Driver update loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Driver update loop.: Hi, Today I was trying to update the drivers I had 2 GPU´s AMD Radeon Vega graphics and AMD Radeon RX 560X I downloaded the latest drivers for rx 560x then I downloaded the latest drivers for vega graphics then I tried again for vega no new updates then for 560x but there was...
  9. Laptop restarts on an infinite loop after I tried to update it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts on an infinite loop after I tried to update it: Hey I was updating my rog laptop and fell asleep. I woke to my laptop continually rebooting like this- ROG logo, swirling loading dots appear, black screen. A cmd window flashes for a frame and then goes back to black for a bit. Two messages flash by very quickly displaying...
  10. Boot loop - Everytime i turn on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop - Everytime i turn on pc: Everytime i turn on pc i get boot loop saying choose and option ive tried start up repair and it doesnt work i tried system restore also doesnt work it says to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore[IMG]...