Windows 10: Restarting my file explorer normally

Discus and support Restarting my file explorer normally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can the community help me with suggestions? I need to restart my "File Explorer" normally because I cannot open files, because the File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thaborankoe, May 25, 2020.

1. Restarting my file explorer normally

Can the community help me with suggestions? I need to restart my "File Explorer" normally because I cannot open files, because the File Explorer requires administrator privileges.

:)

thaborankoe, May 25, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User

File Explorer resetting to Details after Anniversary Update

Hi,

Let's get this sorted out. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Start the Windows in clean boot. To do this, follow the steps
      here
    • Once in clean boot environment, change the settings again to set it back to
      List
      . Normally, changing the view style in the bottom right of the window and exiting File Explorer should do the trick. The next time you open File Explorer, it should default to the last view style selected.
    • If the issue persist, let's run SFC scan to look for corrupted files. Here's
      how
    • Restart the computer normally.

Share with us the results.

Thanks.

John Ado, May 25, 2020
  3. file explorer works in safe mode but crashes in normal mode: upgraded to 10 from windows 7

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar if it is pinned and re-pin the File Explorer check if issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 25, 2020
  4. Restarting my file explorer normally

file explorer works in safe mode but crashes in normal mode: upgraded to 10 from windows 7

I tried to run online portion in DISM...didnt recognize the commands? Scan detected no issues

JasonBrown22b, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Restarting my file explorer normally

1. Restarting my file explorer normally - Similar Threads - Restarting file explorer

2. Is it possible to restore the 'normal' task bar in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore the 'normal' task bar in File Explorer?: Windows 11 has dumbed down everything to Gaggle Chrome level. This is of little use and creates extra steps and work to accomplish useful tasks.In the prior version of Windows 10, I could select a file, click "Copy To" and a drop-down list would appear. I could then select...
  3. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  4. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  5. How to return my file explorer window back to normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to return my file explorer window back to normal?: https://imgur.com/1FcexSc The pop-up window that opens when you want to select a file to upload or save a file, has changed its ordering? I didn't make any changes so I am not sure what happened and why? The window used to display latest files on top. Now all folders are on...
  6. File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?: So, when I access an ext drive connected via USB, file explorer will randomly lock, is this normal? The PC is unresponsive for up to 3 or 4 seconds. It's not the only time it hangs but it is always when file explorer is trying to do something. save a file, open a file, etc....
  7. File Explorer haning when waking a drive - normal?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer haning when waking a drive - normal?: So, when I access an ext drive connected via USB, file explorer will randomly lock, is this normal? The PC is unresponsive for up to 3 or 4 seconds. It's not the only time it hangs but it is always when file explorer is trying to do something. save a file, open a file, etc....
  8. Is it normal for File Explorer to take forever to pause?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it normal for File Explorer to take forever to pause?: I'm backing up files from an unstable hard drive. At some point, the file explorer decided it would take more than a day to transfer a single file, so I decided, why not pause it and then unpause to see if it goes faster? Well, it's been pausing for hours now. So I'm worse...
  9. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?: I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something? 53096
  10. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...