Windows 10: Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.

Discus and support Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It not me who wrote this before, but i had the same issue and found out when i update my bios the ram could not overclock anymore, so i set it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PYLKE CS, Jun 6, 2023.

1. PYLKE CS Win User

Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.

It not me who wrote this before, but i had the same issue and found out when i update my bios the ram could not overclock anymore, so i set it to default speed without gamemode. and now it restarts without staying blackI am using HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC, with windows 10 single language 64 bit Operating System, with 8 GB RAM.I am facing TWO major issues:After leaving the system idle for more then an hour, the computer screen goes black but computer still running windows 10, and it does not wake up. no issue arise, if i continuously work on the system, even for hoursBut after working f

:)

PYLKE CS, Jun 6, 2023
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 6, 2023
  4. Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.

Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 6, 2023
Thema:

Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.

1. Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it. - Similar Threads - Restarting screens goes

2. PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes to sleep and refuses to wake up: As per the title, my pc will go to sleep and then not wake up on key press nor with the mouse. To get it to come back on, I have to press the power button which restarts the PC. There is nothing shown in Event Viewer for why it seems to crash or hang, since the tower is still...
  3. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  4. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  5. Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.: It not me who wrote this before, but i had the same issue and found out when i update my bios the ram could not overclock anymore, so i set it to default speed without gamemode and XMP. and now it restarts without staying blackI am using HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC, with...
  6. Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting the PC screens goes black like sleep mode except you can't wake it.: It not me who wrote this before, but i had the same issue and found out when i update my bios the ram could not overclock anymore, so i set it to default speed without gamemode and XMP. and now it restarts without staying blackI am using HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC, with...
  7. Black screen when waking from sleep, automatically restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when waking from sleep, automatically restarts: I sometimes get a black screen when waking my desktop PC from sleep, which then automatically restarts after 10-30 seconds. It will then perform normally like I just freshly booted up my PC. This is not consistent at all as sometimes I can go for a week or even a month with...
  8. PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!: When my PC wakes up from sleep the monitor goes black. And most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I used. All other programs I cant access. Everything else is dark. How do I fix this? 68611
  9. Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it: I have Windows 10 installed and after I leave it for a while, it goes to sleep. A large percentage of the time (though not always) I am not able to wake it. I've gone through power management and told it NOT to turn off display and NOT to put the computer to sleep....
  10. Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc: This started happening about a week ago, and it occurs almost once a day. The screen suddenly goes black for a second or so, then the pc restarts, it goes through the welcome screen etc. I get no warning at all. Its not because overheating, because sometimes it happens...