Windows 10: Restarting while trying to boot

Discus and support Restarting while trying to boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes System 1 computer will go into a restart cycle before getting to the Windows logo. My work around is to shutdown using PSU switch, press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Groover, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Groover Win User

Restarting while trying to boot

Sometimes System 1 computer will go into a restart cycle before getting to the Windows logo. My work around is to shutdown using PSU switch, press start button, turn on PSU, press start and it is OK. Have replaced PSU, removed and replaced old Nvidia drivers with DDU, disconnected all HDDs except C drive (SSD), reseated RAM. It seems as though I have to discharge the power system before it will boot. BIOS set to boot from SSD, fast boot is off.

Prior to this I was having random reboots with Kernel Power critical messages and the new Nvidia drivers seemed to fix that. Once it has booted the system is now stable without rebooting. Now it wont boot from a cold start as described above.

Thks

:)

Groover, Aug 24, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 24, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Restarting while trying to boot

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Restarting while trying to boot

1. Restarting while trying to boot - Similar Threads - Restarting while trying

2. Pc keeps restarting while trying to turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting while trying to turn on: Recently i changed my psu and graphic card to rx580 and 650w psu.I had 500w psu and it worked fine with gtx 1050ti but now it only keeps restarting. I tried to use other card but same thing happens.I got some lenovo motherboard with 10pin and adapter for psu fron 24 to 10pin...
  3. Pc keeps restarting while trying to turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps restarting while trying to turn on: Recently i changed my psu and graphic card to rx580 and 650w psu.I had 500w psu and it worked fine with gtx 1050ti but now it only keeps restarting. I tried to use other card but same thing happens.I got some lenovo motherboard with 10pin and adapter for psu fron 24 to 10pin...
  4. Pc keeps restarting while trying to turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows

PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows: My PC randomly started to restart on his own when i get to the lockscreen it restarts so i booted in to linux mint and it did not restart at all i tried to re-installing it but it always restarts in the instillation screen so i wiped the harddisk and tried again and it keep...
  6. Windows crashes and restarts often while trying to open games or while trying to wake it up...

Windows crashes and restarts often while trying to open games or while trying to wake it up...: Hi, Windows crashes and restarts often while trying to open games or while trying to wake it up from sleep. This started happening recently. I have already tried updating drivers, system, etc., and also rolling back to the older version but that does not seem to work. I have...
  7. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try, But will Boot When Restarted

Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try, But will Boot When Restarted: Every time I try to boot up my Dell LapTop it will not boot on the first attempt. It gets stuck at the windows 10 boot screen with the hard drive light on solid > indefinitely. This started about 4 months ago, after an update . . . If I press and hold the the On/Off...
  8. Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot loop while trying to boot from USB.: Hi, so I picked up a Dell Dimension 5150 from a friend because he didn’t use it anymore and I found that it had no OS installed. So I tried using a USB to boot Windows 10 onto it and its stuck in a booting loop and won’t go any further. Any tips or things i’m doing wrong?...
  9. Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.: I was playing a game and then the computer suddenly restart, again and again after booting up and even while booting up. I already unchacked the automatic boot up setting in msconfig before because it happened already. But now, it happened again. I even try the bootrec...
  10. Win 10 will cold boot but not restart while running??

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 will cold boot but not restart while running??: Did a clean install of Win10. All went well and all working. However, after I did a few Microsoft “Updates” I could no longer get the PC to do a “Restart”. Yes, I could and can start the PC from a cold Boot. I’ve also installed Win10 on another computer and it has...