Windows 10: Restarting without warning

Discus and support Restarting without warning in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WarriorsMustang17, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Restarting without warning

Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max.

submitted by /u/WarriorsMustang17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WarriorsMustang17, Jun 9, 2020
  2. little cat, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restarting without warning [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restarting without warning [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Restarting without warning

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Restarting without warning

1. Restarting without warning - Similar Threads - Restarting without warning

2. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  3. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  5. Window restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  6. Window restart without warning

Window restart without warning: When I run full virus scan, on a particular time suddenly window restart.... or When I play games it restarts but earlier same game run smoothly. I tried run virus scan in safe mode but safe mode too restart.... Plzz help Lenovo thinkcenter M38I5 4th gen2+2 gb ram128 gb ssd...
  7. PC restarts without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  8. PC restarts without warning

PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  9. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  10. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...