Windows 10: Restarts and it's Gone Now!

Discus and support Restarts and it's Gone Now! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe I need a Windows 10 home Repair Disc. I can't get windows to boot up on my upgraded pc! I installed a new motherboard and transferred my 600W... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Charles E.Carroll, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Restarts and it's Gone Now!

I believe I need a Windows 10 home Repair Disc. I can't get windows to boot up on my upgraded pc! I installed a new motherboard and transferred my 600W Thermaltake TR2 Power Supply Unit. It worked for a few days, now It won't allow windows to start and goes to the motherboard system and Bios page? Also, the 4 HDDs that are installed, no longer appear, just the two Optical Drives that I have installed. I get the option to boot from those two only!

:)

Charles E.Carroll, Jun 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 13, 2020
  3. little cat, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Terrypin Win User

Restarts and it's Gone Now!

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restarts and it's Gone Now! [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restarts and it's Gone Now! [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Restarts and it's Gone Now!

1. Restarts and it's Gone Now! - Similar Threads - Restarts Gone

2. System crashes to black screen with peripherals gone, only turning off PSU let's me restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes to black screen with peripherals gone, only turning off PSU let's me restart...: So lately I'm having an issue with my PC. When I play games, it crashes randomly to a black screen, not posting anything to the monitor, the peripherals are gone, sometimes the chassis fans are turned off, somtimes they are still running, but the CPU cooler is always on and...
  3. System crashes to black screen with peripherals gone, only turning off PSU let's me restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashes to black screen with peripherals gone, only turning off PSU let's me restart...: So lately I'm having an issue with my PC. When I play games, it crashes randomly to a black screen, not posting anything to the monitor, the peripherals are gone, sometimes the chassis fans are turned off, somtimes they are still running, but the CPU cooler is always on and...
  4. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  5. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  6. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer Restarted, All Files Gone: HelloMy computer restarted and when it loaded, all my files were gone. Even the log in screen was different. The only files still present are the few that were in the recycle bin. Tried a System Restore from earlier in the week but did not recover the missing files. Running...
  7. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarted, All Files Gone: HelloMy computer restarted and when it loaded, all my files were gone. Even the log in screen was different. The only files still present are the few that were in the recycle bin. Tried a System Restore from earlier in the week but did not recover the missing files. Running...
  8. Computer Restarted, All Files Gone

9. Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.: As titled said. It will **NOT** be reset again if I put things on it, only my old icon tiles were gone. Can it be restored? What it looks like now: https://i.imgur.com/4QHcoJV.png Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2728 I'm not sure what other information I should...
  10. Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.

Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.: As titled said. It will **NOT** be reset again if I put things on it, only my old icon tiles were gone. Can it be restored? What it looks like now: https://i.imgur.com/4QHcoJV.png Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2728 I'm not sure what other information I should...