Windows 10: Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10

Discus and support Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 that everytime the computer restarts, I lost all my data in my files like download , document, music, video, photos. And the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BWlaca, Feb 15, 2019.

1. BWlaca Win User

Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10

I have windows 10 that everytime the computer restarts, I lost all my data in my files like download , document, music, video, photos. And the screen always starts with the Microsoft Edge . I have tried to do a Restore but did not solve the problem, what is wrong with my computer.

:)

BWlaca, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Convert Windows 10 from Legacy BIOS to UEFI without Data Loss  

Here it is:

Brink, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10

Data loss from time to time in Windows 10

Hello Morpheus,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the download folder you are referring to? If yes, what is the location of the folder?
    • Were the files downloaded using Internet explorer/Microsoft Edge/software or any third party applications?
    • Did you verify if the missing files did not end up residing in the Recycle bin from time to time?

• What is the default antivirus or firewall software installed in your PC?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

Now, if the files are irrecoverable and you don't want it to occur again in future, you can make use of the File History feature in Windows.

File History is designed to back up your files on a continuous basis, so you can easily revert to a previous version of a file or restore a deleted file. This also minimizes data loss – if your computer goes down and you lose all your files, you’ll lose
    very few files as they were recently backed up.

Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10 sshot-19.png

We cant be sure at this point, to ascertain the exact cause of the data loss. However, we can troubleshoot the issue to see if it helps to prevent further data loss in Windows. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

As an initial recommendation, for eliminating potentially unwanted software, including rootkits, you can run the Windows Defender Offline in your PC if the active Windows firewall is unable to remove the threats.

What is Windows Defender Offline?

Also, run the Microsoft Scanner to check if the error message is any manifestation due to virus/malware infections.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Ref:
    Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to data loss in Windows, for us to be bale to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10

1. Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restarts causing loss

2. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  3. Loss of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of data: I recently signed into my schools Microsoft account on my personal computer. I managed to sign in and could use all of the facilities they offer. However, i decided to sign out of my schools Microsoft account and upon returning to my homepage I lost all of my data. I then...
  4. data loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  5. data loss

data loss: I deleted one of the user accounts on my pc and all the data is also deleted. how can i find my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-loss/2db3f703-7bc9-4ab2-a55a-be585a53e095
  6. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?: My computer fully supports UEFI and GPT. However, when I was installing Windows 10, I installed it with the combination of MBR+Legacy Fast, Secure Boot Off. My computer officially supports Windows 11. In the PC Health Check application, it was written that Secure Boot could...
  7. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?: My computer fully supports UEFI and GPT. However, when I was installing Windows 10, I installed it with the combination of MBR+Legacy Fast, Secure Boot Off. My computer officially supports Windows 11. In the PC Health Check application, it was written that Secure Boot could...
  8. Does MBR2GPT cause data loss?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. "Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.

"Restart to repair drive errors" caused complete data loss.: Hi, Backstory/explanation as to how i got to this point: I bought a larger and better ssd to replace the one i had in my system, once i installed windows on the ssd i realised that one of the drives wasn't being picked up due to being 'dynamic' as such i loaded the old...
  10. Loss of Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Data: I have been using a Windows 10 laptop. Everytime i turn my laptop On, i am losing all the data in all drives other than OSC. Also, it takes a lot of time to load displaying "Preparing Windows" text while loading. Please help me with the problem....