Windows 10: Restore a backup from a separate OS

Discus and support Restore a backup from a separate OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a problem with restoring a backup of Windows 11 to a Windows 10 PC. I have a laptop that I would like to copy over to my PC, and I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ronald Pifer, May 28, 2023.

1. Restore a backup from a separate OS

I am having a problem with restoring a backup of Windows 11 to a Windows 10 PC. I have a laptop that I would like to copy over to my PC, and I have a 1TB external HDD that I have the backup of the laptop in. These are the steps I follow for copying a backup drive to the PC the laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC16 and the PC is an Alienware X51 R1. "Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore Windows 7 > Create a system image > On a hard disk > D: WD My Passport > Backup all Partitions on Disk 0 > Start backup > wait > Eject Drive D: and go to PC >

:)

Ronald Pifer, May 28, 2023
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 28, 2023
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, May 28, 2023
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore a backup from a separate OS

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore a backup from a separate OS 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 28, 2023
Thema:

Restore a backup from a separate OS

1. Restore a backup from a separate OS - Similar Threads - Restore backup separate

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. Restore a backup from a separate OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore a backup from a separate OS: I am having a problem with restoring a backup of Windows 11 to a Windows 10 PC. I have a laptop that I would like to copy over to my PC, and I have a 1TB external HDD that I have the backup of the laptop in. These are the steps I follow for copying a backup drive to the PC...
  4. Restore a backup from a separate OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore a backup from a separate OS: I am having a problem with restoring a backup of Windows 11 to a Windows 10 PC. I have a laptop that I would like to copy over to my PC, and I have a 1TB external HDD that I have the backup of the laptop in. These are the steps I follow for copying a backup drive to the PC...
  5. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  6. Restoring from a windows backup

Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  7. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  8. Problem restoring from backup

Problem restoring from backup: In order to fix an issue with my windows update on windows 10 I was advised through my virtual agent to make a backup of my computer on an external hard drive and then reset my computer keeping nothing. I was able to successfully wipe my computer but I am now having trouble...
  9. backup or restore previous version of window os

backup or restore previous version of window os: Hey I format my windows 7 and install windows 10 but a huge mistake by me that i forgot about my e drive bitlocker password which i saved in windows 7 c drive so please somebody help me to recover my important files....
  10. Restoring from backup not working?

Restoring from backup not working?: Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help :)...