Windows 10: Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

Discus and support Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I just broke my laptop (Asus S510UN, it's an i7, 16GB, NVME) it slipped from my hands and fell. I am looking to buy another of the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by coukou, Jun 22, 2020.

1. coukou Win User

Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

Hello, I just broke my laptop (Asus S510UN, it's an i7, 16GB, NVME) it slipped from my hands and fell. I am looking to buy another of the same configuration may not be the same brand.

Too bad, because it was recent (2018), worked very well and I took a while to install all my apps, Office, AV, tools ...) and especially to customize all the tweaks of Win10 x64 Pro. Fortunately, I kept a very recent backup of disks.

Would it be possible to restore this backup on a new laptop? knowing that this new laptop will not be the same (model, brand, drivers). At least I won't have lost everything.

I'll appreciate yr advices
    Regards

:)

coukou, Jun 22, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Lawls Win User
    Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

Hi Ken. Thank you so much for providing me with this link. It talked me through solving my problem step by step and I successfully restored my files from my old laptop onto my new laptop. I can't thank you enough. Jeff

Lawls, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

laptop vista complete restore

This can help:

UPDATE: It mentioned XP, I'm sure it works with Vista too.

spearman914, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop

1. Restore a backup from one laptop to another laptop - Similar Threads - Restore backup laptop

2. Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop: I have recently gotten a new laptop with only one nvme slot.I wanted to upgrade the storage to a larger capacity and only have another laptop with 2 slots, 1 occupied.The plan is to have the new ssd going into the new laptop and the old ssd into the free slot of the other and...
  3. Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning drive from one laptop onto another laptop: I have recently gotten a new laptop with only one nvme slot.I wanted to upgrade the storage to a larger capacity and only have another laptop with 2 slots, 1 occupied.The plan is to have the new ssd going into the new laptop and the old ssd into the free slot of the other and...
  4. Restoring a back up from one laptop to just one account on another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a back up from one laptop to just one account on another: Hello, My laptop got stolen recently and instead of buying a new one I am going to make a separate account on my wife's laptop and share hers. I had an external hard drive for my laptop that I want to restore to the new account. The way I have restored laptops in the past it...
  5. Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.

Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.: I have two laptops with same make and same model Identical laptops . I have updated one of laptop to latest BIOS and Windows. I don't have the recovery drive for the laptop which I have updated. Can I create a recovery drive in another laptop NOT UPDATED and use it in the...
  6. Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync files in OneDrive from one laptop to another laptop: A few years back when Onedrive free capacity was dramatically reduced by Microsoft I stopped using it. I found it hard to get straight forward instructions to disable Onedrive & download all the files that had previously only been stored on Onedrive to my local harddrive so...
  7. Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.

Restoring a backup from an older laptop to a new one.: I purchased a new Dell xps 13 with windows 10 to replace an older one. I backed up my old one before purchasing the new one but cannot find out how to restore the backup on to my new laptop?...
  8. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop: I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a...
  9. Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question: I have two identical laptops, identically configured, except that one runs Win10 1511.679 and the other 1511.494. Each has a valid Win10 license. The 494 had been upgraded in place from Win7, which has corrupted the user mgmt component. I want to restore the backup of the...
  10. Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring a backup to another identical laptop -- license question: I have two identical laptops, identically configured, except that one runs Win10 1511.679 and the other 1511.494. Each has a valid Win10 license. The 494 had been upgraded in place from Win7, which has corrupted the user mgmt component. I want to restore the backup of the...