Windows 10: Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image?

Discus and support Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have found the need (desire) to restore a particular folder or file from a Macrium Free image of one of my hard disks. Is this possible? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by JJG10, Jan 9, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image?

I have found the need (desire) to restore a particular folder or file from a Macrium Free image of one of my hard disks. Is this possible?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jan 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 9, 2019
  3. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image?

System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image?

1. Restore a file or folder from Macrium Free Image? - Similar Threads - Restore file folder

2. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  3. Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging)

Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging): Hi folks The standalone version of Free Macrium will backup and restore Linux systems -- but with a slight proviso you will probably have to re-generate the bootloader / grub on the first boot of the restored system. I'm specifying IMAGING the systems and not cloning them as...
  4. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  5. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  6. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  7. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  9. event id 41 after restoring an image with macrium reflect free why ?

event id 41 after restoring an image with macrium reflect free why ?: every time I restore my windows 10 with an image created with macrium reflect free the image restore without any proplem and windows 10 works good but when I check event viewer I see event id 41 (unexpected shutdown) why ? no unexpected shutdown happened and no blue...
  10. Restore image from within Windows with Macrium V6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore image from within Windows with Macrium V6: This may seem a ridiculous question to ask but I am a newbieat using Macrium Reflect Free V6.1 Build 871 on a machine running Windows 10 Home64bit so apologise. I have created a USB and DVD Rescue Media but would like to know when should I Add Recovery Boot Menu Option before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean install and restore with macrium

2. cannot restore macrium free asked for licence