Windows 10: Restore a Game

Discus and support Restore a Game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased the game 60GB large from the store. I downloaded and installed the game. as my main hard drive is small I moved the game to my G Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by chrisobrien07, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Restore a Game

I purchased the game 60GB large from the store.

I downloaded and installed the game.

as my main hard drive is small I moved the game to my G Drive

The game worked perfectly

since then my main hard disk crashed hardware failure due to power surge as far as i can make out and I rebuilt my windows on another new hard drive

Is there any way for me to use the game files that still exist on the Gdrive without having to download the whole thing again?

Thanks

Chris

:)

chrisobrien07, Oct 26, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore a Game [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Restore a Game

Screen freeze on some games

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Since the issue is still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if this helps.

If this doesn't work, I suggest you to perform system restore to the previous point where it was working fine.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Restore a Game

1. Restore a Game - Similar Threads - Restore Game

2. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  3. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  4. Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore: I bought my laptop 3 days ago and it came with a free xbox game pass subscription. I didn't claim it right away but it was visible in the "included with device" section in the microsoft store. Yesterday I reverted to a restore point which was created on the laptop after setup...
  5. Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore

Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore: I bought my laptop 3 days ago and it came with a free xbox game pass subscription. I didn't claim it right away but it was visible in the "included with device" section in the microsoft store. Yesterday I reverted to a restore point which was created on the laptop after setup...
  6. Restoring Farmville 2 Country Escape game to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Farmville 2 Country Escape game to new laptop: Hi,I have a new laptop and installed the Microsoft version of the Farmville 2 Country Escape app on my new device.How do I get the app to update to my previous cloud saved game? All the help support I have seen so far asks you to log into Facebook but I don't have a Facebook...
  7. Restoring Farmville 2 Country Escape game to new laptop

Restoring Farmville 2 Country Escape game to new laptop: Hi,I have a new laptop and installed the Microsoft version of the Farmville 2 Country Escape app on my new device.How do I get the app to update to my previous cloud saved game? All the help support I have seen so far asks you to log into Facebook but I don't have a Facebook...
  8. ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus doesn't boot when I enable Memory Context Restore with any BIOS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus doesn't boot when I enable Memory Context Restore with any BIOS...: Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I saw that other people are having issues with BSODs and unbootable PCs as well, but they resolved it by rolling back to 809 and 823. I tried all 4 available BIOS versions, and my PC is still not booting up with any of...
  9. ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus doesn't boot when I enable Memory Context Restore with any BIOS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus doesn't boot when I enable Memory Context Restore with any BIOS...: Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpfDLs I saw that other people are having issues with BSODs and unbootable PCs as well, but they resolved it by rolling back to 809 and 823. I tried all 4 available BIOS versions, and my PC is still not booting up with any of...
  10. ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus doesn't boot when I enable Memory Context Restore with any BIOS...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging