Windows 10: Restore ability to create new folder on desktop

Discus and support Restore ability to create new folder on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can no longer create a new folder not just on desktop. Do I have to reinstall win 10 to make it work or is there another EASY way to do this? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ecsteibel1, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Restore ability to create new folder on desktop

I can no longer create a new folder not just on desktop. Do I have to reinstall win 10 to make it work or is there another EASY way to do this?

Thanks

Cal

:)

ecsteibel1, Feb 29, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Can not create New Folder in Desktop

When you open 'Properties' for the 'Desktop' folder in your 'Username' and select 'Location' does it show as in image below:

If not select 'Restore Default' (blank out is your 'Username', even if it appears correct still select. (worth a try).

Try create a new folder from desktop!!!

If that does not work try (suggestion):

Rename current desktop folder to 'Desktop1' > create a new 'Desktop' folder > try to create new folder from desktop.

Trying to avoid creating new user profile!!!!!!

Restore ability to create new folder on desktop a8ff5af4-d3b5-4168-a130-2221bedb59e9.png

Shilohbob, Feb 29, 2020
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

Restore ability to create new folder on desktop

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Restore ability to create new folder on desktop

1. Restore ability to create new folder on desktop - Similar Threads - Restore ability create

2. I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere: Microsoft, I am very sorry for writing in the questions, but let this question remain as a guide to solving the problem. so you cannot create any files.it can only be solved by allowing yourself to create, record and change something.this needs to be configured in the...
  3. I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere: Microsoft, I am very sorry for writing in the questions, but let this question remain as a guide to solving the problem. so you cannot create any files.it can only be solved by allowing yourself to create, record and change something.this needs to be configured in the...
  4. I can't create files except the ability to create a folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...: My Desktop Directory C:\Users\abdel\Desktop is empty even though I have files on my Desktop.I recently reset my pc but I am not sure if that's what caused the issue....
  6. When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...: My Desktop Directory C:\Users\abdel\Desktop is empty even though I have files on my Desktop.I recently reset my pc but I am not sure if that's what caused the issue....
  7. When I create a new folder on the Desktop it doesn't show up on the Desktop folder Desktop...

8. Desktop folder restore

Desktop folder restore: Hello ,today I was cleaning some files of my pc and I accidentally deleted the Desktop folder and now every file besides short cuts and folders with nothing in it are gone on my Desktop. And I wanted to ask if there is any method to restore those files....
  9. Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop

Creating a 'new folder' on the desktop: On both windows 10 computers, when I right click the desktop, to try and create a 'new folder', the computer does not recognize the desktop and can not create a new folder....
  10. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706