Windows 10: Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi A few weeks ago I inadvertently changed my administrator account on my personal laptop when I added a Microsoft account.... now I have lost all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael_3195, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10

Hi

A few weeks ago I inadvertently changed my administrator account on my personal laptop when I added a Microsoft account.... now I have lost all administration rights on my laptop. How can I rectify this situation?

Cheers

:)

Michael_3195, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jun 25, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10

1. Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Administrator Account

2. Windows 10 Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Administrator Account: I am currently running a single account HP laptop running Windows 10 Home Edition and I have a self-induced problem. I set my account on this laptop from an administrator account to a device owner account and now I have lost all administrative privileges. I cannot install new...
  3. Windows 10 Administration Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Administration Account: Is it advisable to have a different password from Microsoft Account/email password, haven't logged into or used Admin Account yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-administration-account/4642b842-e233-499c-b7bf-ec2e8f0ecf0c
  4. Administrator Account in Windows 10

Administrator Account in Windows 10: My administrator acct. got deactivated in the process of trying to regain access to my computer with incorrect password. Got access but cannot activate administrator account from standard user account. User Account Control won't let me do anything I need to do; install...
  5. No Windows 10 Administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Windows 10 Administrator account: I am in the middle of a problem where I am stuck in the Microsoft "Automatic Repair" loop. While stuck in this loop I tried changing the 'recoveryenabled' setting to 'No', only to find that my system does not have an 'Administrator' account. I thought, obviously...
  6. No Windows 10 "Administrator" account

in Windows 10 Support
    No Windows 10 "Administrator" account: I am in the middle of a problem where I am stuck in the Microsoft "Automatic Repair" loop. While stuck in this loop I tried changing the 'recoveryenabled' setting to 'No', only to find that my system does not have an 'Administrator' account. I thought, obviously...
  7. restoring an account to administrator status

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    restoring an account to administrator status: I was constantly getting messages saying that I could not save letters etc in documents as I needed administrator approval despite my account being an administrator account. How can I restore to be an administrator....
  8. administrator account in windows 10

administrator account in windows 10: I had my motherboard replaced and lost access to my administrator account. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-account-in-windows-10/137d1472-ac83-42da-8ef8-43978a62b481
  9. Windows 10 administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 administrator account: can not activate user administrator. I get "System error 5 has occurred. Access denied." Please let me know how can I fix this issue. laptop is running very slow....
  10. administrator account in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator account in windows 10: using an administrator account in windows 10 how do I protect (password) myself from malware? 67868